3M Respirator Discussion: 603 Adapter Discontinued? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 02-20-2020, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Yeah, I hear a lot of the shift is really coming from regulatory stuff... in my area, drywallers must use PPE and systems to capture and control dust... that was unheard of 10 years ago here...

Of course you can always find folks to do stuff on the side that work for cash, etc. that do what they want...

Have a question and want it answered in podcast format?
[email protected]
http://www.avrant.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/avrant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 03-02-2020, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 28
...and now that I go to order one, everyone is out of stock because of the Covid-19 scare. I've got wood to saw, things to paint!
post #33 of 37 Old 03-03-2020, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
...and now that I go to order one, everyone is out of stock because of the Covid-19 scare. I've got wood to saw, things to paint!
Yeah I think I got surprisingly lucky with my timing. Everybody was still on the disposable face mask kick when I ordered mine.

Just as a quick update, I've been working my attic with older blown in insulation a decent amount lately. I haven't tried the disk P100s yet, but the 603/501/5N11 (N95 panel filters + adapters) have worked well in terms of functionality. The whole setup seems a little more cumbersome than the N95 vented style disposable mask to put on and off, but not surprisingly so. Under normal use, the respirator doesn't fog up your glasses and seems to be about the same difficulty to breathe through. The respirator deals with sweat a lot better than the paper masks, too. I picked up a pair of dewalt safety glasses that seem to be pretty nice and seal well, and those helped fit nicely with the respirator.

I do wish I had went with a respirator that is a 'flip up' model for my use - maybe I'll pick one up down the road once sales cool down. Either way, I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and picked the setup up. I'll post up any impressions I get with the pink P100 disks, although I'm not expecting noticeable differences for my uses.

Back to fighting my previous home owners sneaky electrician work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 03-18-2020, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
Yeah I think I got surprisingly lucky with my timing. Everybody was still on the disposable face mask kick when I ordered mine.

Just as a quick update, I've been working my attic with older blown in insulation a decent amount lately. I haven't tried the disk P100s yet, but the 603/501/5N11 (N95 panel filters + adapters) have worked well in terms of functionality. The whole setup seems a little more cumbersome than the N95 vented style disposable mask to put on and off, but not surprisingly so. Under normal use, the respirator doesn't fog up your glasses and seems to be about the same difficulty to breathe through. The respirator deals with sweat a lot better than the paper masks, too. I picked up a pair of dewalt safety glasses that seem to be pretty nice and seal well, and those helped fit nicely with the respirator.

I do wish I had went with a respirator that is a 'flip up' model for my use - maybe I'll pick one up down the road once sales cool down. Either way, I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and picked the setup up. I'll post up any impressions I get with the pink P100 disks, although I'm not expecting noticeable differences for my uses.

Back to fighting my previous home owners sneaky electrician work!
Good review, thanks for posting.... I will say the flip up model that I got has been great. Same finding that it helps a ton keeping safety glasses from fogging. The sweat situation is so much better, I had no idea that it could be so much better than when using the disposable masks... the comfort is way better, especially when bending ocer or at odd angles... it’s nice to have a good seal and not feel like things are going to fall off my face.
Heide264 likes this.

Have a question and want it answered in podcast format?
[email protected]
http://www.avrant.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/avrant
post #35 of 37 Old 03-19-2020, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Without sounding callous/tone-deaf, does anyone know where to find a 3m respirator? Can't seem to find one anywhere. I have some work that involves cutting/ripping/sanding/priming etc. I am 100% on board with the medical community getting served first, but anyone with an inside scoop or having an extra that they are willing to part ways with, it would be greatly appreciated.
post #36 of 37 Old 03-19-2020, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Quoted: 4057 Post(s)
Liked: 4579
Quote:
Originally Posted by swipes View Post
Without sounding callous/tone-deaf, does anyone know where to find a 3m respirator? Can't seem to find one anywhere. I have some work that involves cutting/ripping/sanding/priming etc. I am 100% on board with the medical community getting served first, but anyone with an inside scoop or having an extra that they are willing to part ways with, it would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
2020, the new gold...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3tb4le.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	2699844  
Heide264 and swipes like this.
post #37 of 37 Old 03-20-2020, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by swipes View Post
I have some extra filters if needed, but I don't have an extra respirator. I picked mine up off of Amazon a while back, but as I said, I seem to have gotten oddly lucky with my timing.

I know McMaster-Carr sells respirators and their filters. You may want to just give them a call and see if they have any setups leftover. I'd guess mostly-online stores that you can reach by phone or email are your way to go if anything.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page