Classix II or hitmaker for Center Channel, or Om-c2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2020, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Classix II or hitmaker for Center Channel, or Om-c2

Im just throwing this idea around and would like some input. This is strictly for home theater.

I built some classix ii's and ran 1 as a center and thought it was pretty good but you know how it goes when you want something better! Reading an old post the hitmaker is supposed to be better than the classix II. Last night I THINK I settled on a plan. Now im just on the money part. I can A Build another classix II for a LCR setup, B try out the hitmaker for a center channel or C Buy this mirage OM-C2 ive always wanted (most expensive option).

Do you guys think the hitmaker would make a good center channel? Does it do voicing better than the classix II's? They use the same tweeter which is a good thing.

EDIT - Also I dont care about matching LCR. I should, yea yea, but I dont.

- MIRAGE OM-C2 Center, MIRAGE M490 L/R, 4 JBL 8330a surr , 8 x JBL 12" subs w/Inuke 6000. JVC RS420, Denon x4000, Sony x800 -
Classix ii's + building Paul Carmody Sunflower Redux for 2 channel

Last edited by trilkb; 03-03-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2020, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 293
@trilkb I was in the same boat last year since the c-notes and classix II did not have a dedicated center. I needed something low profile since my tv was already on the wall. I built the c-note and my own custom center and then of course they offer a center after I reinvented the wheel

Here are the MTM designs that I still have in my Classix II folder but not sure which one I was leaning towards. You might not care since you do not care about voicing.

Swope
Sunflower
Tritrix center
c-note center
rs150-8 mtm http://www.eldamar.net/audio/RS150MTM/
Overnight sensation
post #3 of 3 Old 03-05-2020, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Liked: 427
I dont need anything specifically designed for center channel, a 3rd classix ii may be the best way to go about it. I was just curious if the hitmaker may have better mids or anything.

- MIRAGE OM-C2 Center, MIRAGE M490 L/R, 4 JBL 8330a surr , 8 x JBL 12" subs w/Inuke 6000. JVC RS420, Denon x4000, Sony x800 -
Classix ii's + building Paul Carmody Sunflower Redux for 2 channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page