Originally Posted by niterida
I already have the driver...And I have another 2 matching drivers...already have 5 'subs'...and a nice 15" sub
Um, wow. That is a lot of stuff, somehow not seeming all optimum.
- So there are five "30 Hz" subs what underneath the 5 speakers? What model?
- And a "20 Hz" sub somewhere else? What model? How did you determine if it's really in a good spot?
- AND you have 3 of the Clarion 15"?
- Now you're thinking to build in the two corners, but without built-in rack?
- Is there any kind of room correction sorting all this out? What is implementing the lowpass and highpass crossovers, and what frequencies are they set to?
It seems like you should already have a ton of bass, I question if you really need more subwoofers or optimize/modify what you have already. (i.e. maybe the 30 Hz can be stuffed or ports extended to go lower, as they should have a lot of mutual gain with 5.
About the sub you state that's all you have/can afford. Think about it, that's a bit silly! You're talking about a massive project, do it right. If those drivers work great, great. If not save up, don't do something huge and suboptimum.
I've always wondered about some kind of corner horn, especially if I had enough drivers to feed it from an 8 foot tall vertical array (get 3 more of those Clarion!
). That would be best as a separate thread, here and at https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/
specifying (A) what can I do with these Clarion and also (B) what would you advise with the proposed enclosure space, and what driver