Connecticut Area, GSG Flat Pack Freight Share - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-23-2020, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Connecticut Area, GSG Flat Pack Freight Share

Hey gang, I’m looking to possibly order a pallet from GSG for some Flat Packs. Is there anyone would want to take advantage of sharing the cost of freight palleting from the west coast to our area? Late April timeframe. The cost for me to ship 4 flats is over 450$, however if sent on a pallet with other product it is considerably less if we combine orders and split the freight.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-23-2020, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Hi,

Just fyi, the shipping amount you quoted isnt correct.

Shipping a 4pack to Connecticut will run $320 to a residence. If we ship to a business address (with forklift or loading dock) then we are looking at $220 for everything.

I just checked the site, and I've attached a screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	2700968
post #3 of 5 Old 03-23-2020, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOHTech View Post
Hey gang, I’m looking to possibly order a pallet from GSG for some Flat Packs. Is there anyone would want to take advantage of sharing the cost of freight palleting from the west coast to our area? Late April timeframe. The cost for me to ship 4 flats is over 450$, however if sent on a pallet with other product it is considerably less if we combine orders and split the freight.

Thanks

I might be interested in getting in on this. I'd be looking for 4 flat packs as well, maybe some drivers. I have a loading dock with forklift available at my work in Middletown. Let's keep in touch.

-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Thanks Pete. Looks like this may work out. I’m looking towards end of April to make an order. I’m here in Wallingford and can load a pallet in back of my truck from your place which works out great.

I may look to go with 6 flats if possible, MBMs or a pair of Devs.

Kevin, I’ll recheck that shipping quote, That’s obviously better than what I got, however I may have put more product on there.

How much can we palletize in terms of Marty’s or MBMs on one pallet or a double pallet to maximize cost and efficiency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
post #5 of 5 Old 03-25-2020, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOHTech View Post
Thanks Pete. Looks like this may work out. I’m looking towards end of April to make an order. I’m here in Wallingford and can load a pallet in back of my truck from your place which works out great.

Yeah, that could work out perfect. We can separate the pallet at my work. I have a truck as well, so we could both just load up. I can get really good trucking rates through my work that we can look into as well.

Ha, let's see how much we end up ordering... might end up more than one pallet lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page