Slot port design questions
Working on a big sub design, have some questions about slot porting it. The slot is going to run down the long edge and open on one end, no bends or turns.
1) How much clearance does the inside of the slot port need from the wall? If the inside of the sub is 44" and the slot is 40" (so 4" clearance between the mount and the wall), is that okay?
2) I have the slot divided so it's two adjacent slots of 2" x 7.5". Is that reasonable?
3) Should I round or flare the inside entrance of the slot?
4) Any advantage to folding the slot instead of running it super long?
5) Does painting inside the length of the port make any functional difference?
6) My port will be firing towards the ceiling, so I'd like to put a grill over it to prevent things falling in. Is metal speaker grill mesh appropriate?
Last edited by Promit; 03-25-2020 at 12:21 PM.