New Build!!! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thumbs up New Build!!!

Anybody that followed my other year about a year ago knows that I got my music only system set up with 4 VBSS's, a pair of Klipsch RP-280f's, a Harmon Kardon 3770, and Berhinger 3000DSP. I love that system, and plan to rock it for years to come, but as I've saved up more money now, I'm ready to tackle my home theater system. I figured it was time to get to researching. My plan right now, which I know will probably change after different ideas are tossed around on here, is 4 devastators (b&C 21"), 2 full martys, Klipsch RF7-lll's for fronts, and some model klipschs for center and the rest of the way around, including ceiling mount. Ill the speakers with a Marantz, and the subs with 3 separate Behringer 6000DSP's. I believe that with the "insane punch" spike from 50-80 hertz of so, with the devastators, with be flattened and rolled nicely down into the full marty's, and I can get them to carry the load from around 50 hertz to 14 or so. From the figuring of a simple mortal, this should be able to blow my clothes off my body, and will be extremely smooth. Give me some input guys! Thanks to everyone that helped me out on my last build, specifically @mtg90 , @notfastenough , @smcmillan2 , and @Purenv .
I look forward to getting this bad boy going. Thank you in advance for the help.
Howie11254 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
notfastenough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Well, with that sub list, I'd say you have a midbass addiction problem haha! And spot on with being able to knock your socks off.

There are many, many, MANY things to consider with a HT setup so you'll have to be pretty specific for targets, room layout (construction, dimensions, speaker and listening positions, number of channels, and on and on).

Without any other specifics, your equipment for the subs is going to be heavily biased toward midbass and the two martys will not keep up. To be more balanced (which may not be the intention of the setup, and more preference) I would swap two devs to have 4 martys. I imagine there will be some handoff between the two types of subs and where each of them shine requires different arrangements. Again, this is very general and doesn't consider your room, mlp, and goals. So listing those things will help make sure all the commitment to equipment and time will give what's expected, or more.

I'd say start with defining some of the big parameters for sub layout.

1. Room Dimensions
2. Room Characteristics (open floor plan/closed, concrete floor/suspended, shared space/dedicated HT)
3. Goals (midbass monster, ULF, tactile response in ULF or midbass[chest slam], clean response or more boom haha)
4. Tuning/Integration understanding. When using multiple types of sub alignments, you will probably need this to get things to play nice.
Samps likes this.
notfastenough is offline  
post #3 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim
Posts: 3,436
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1715 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
How soon do you plan on starting this build?

Automation: Alexa- Harmony Hub- Wemo Dimmer Switch- Wemo Smart Plug BatCave: SY Triple Black
Video Image: JVC RS500- Sony UBP-800X- Chromecast- 125" wide 16x9 white over black spandex screen
Audio: 5.2.4 Marantz SR7011- (LCR) QSC 2180 - (Surrounds) (4) BIC FH6-LCR- (Atmos) (4) Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch- (Subs)2 23ishcuft ported HS24s 14-15Hz tune - 2 Devastator Minis B&C21ds115 - 4 PA460 in ported cabs 40Hz tune- FP20000Q- 2 Sanway FP10000Q- Crown XLS1500- . To be continued...
johnson636 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 04:54 PM
Member
 
Vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
Anybody that followed my other year about a year ago knows that I got my music only system set up with 4 VBSS's, a pair of Klipsch RP-280f's, a Harmon Kardon 3770, and Berhinger 3000DSP. I love that system, and plan to rock it for years to come, but as I've saved up more money now, I'm ready to tackle my home theater system. I figured it was time to get to researching. My plan right now, which I know will probably change after different ideas are tossed around on here, is 4 devastators (b&C 21"), 2 full martys, Klipsch RF7-lll's for fronts, and some model klipschs for center and the rest of the way around, including ceiling mount. Ill the speakers with a Marantz, and the subs with 3 separate Behringer 6000DSP's. I believe that with the "insane punch" spike from 50-80 hertz of so, with the devastators, with be flattened and rolled nicely down into the full marty's, and I can get them to carry the load from around 50 hertz to 14 or so. From the figuring of a simple mortal, this should be able to blow my clothes off my body, and will be extremely smooth. Give me some input guys! Thanks to everyone that helped me out on my last build, specifically @mtg90 , @notfastenough , @smcmillan2 , and @Purenv .
I look forward to getting this bad boy going. Thank you in advance for the help.
Do you already have the RF-7 lll's? If not then I'd save a ton of money and buy DIYSG 1099's or HTM-12's for your LCR.
sigpig likes this.
Vital is offline  
post #5 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenough View Post
Well, with that sub list, I'd say you have a midbass addiction problem haha! And spot on with being able to knock your socks off.

There are many, many, MANY things to consider with a HT setup so you'll have to be pretty specific for targets, room layout (construction, dimensions, speaker and listening positions, number of channels, and on and on).

Without any other specifics, your equipment for the subs is going to be heavily biased toward midbass and the two martys will not keep up. To be more balanced (which may not be the intention of the setup, and more preference) I would swap two devs to have 4 martys. I imagine there will be some handoff between the two types of subs and where each of them shine requires different arrangements. Again, this is very general and doesn't consider your room, mlp, and goals. So listing those things will help make sure all the commitment to equipment and time will give what's expected, or more.

I'd say start with defining some of the big parameters for sub layout.

1. Room Dimensions
2. Room Characteristics (open floor plan/closed, concrete floor/suspended, shared space/dedicated HT)
3. Goals (midbass monster, ULF, tactile response in ULF or midbass[chest slam], clean response or more boom haha)
4. Tuning/Integration understanding. When using multiple types of sub alignments, you will probably need this to get things to play nice.
The room I'll be using is concrete all around. Floors, ceilings, walls. The door will be insulated metal and will have rubber in any air cracks to seal it up. I'm planning to build another room within the concrete room for acoustical purposes, and will include some bass traps and different things to improve sound quality. I've been doing a great deal of research on "the golden trapagon", and plan to try this layout for the HT room if I can keep costs relatively in check.
Howie11254 is offline  
post #6 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post
How soon do you plan on starting this build?
I plan to start it within the next couple of months or so, just whenever I can get all my technical ducks in a row and choose all my equipment.
Howie11254 is offline  
post #7 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Do you already have the RF-7 lll's? If not then I'd save a ton of money and buy DIYSG 1099's or HTM-12's for your LCR.
No, I don't already have the RF7's, but I have been eye balling them for years. Why are you against the RF7's? I was also thinking it would just be a cleaner look, and a good idea to utilize equipment from the same brand where possible.
Howie11254 is offline  
post #8 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 465
The RF7's are fine but the people recommending the HTM12's and 1099 are doing so due to the sensitivity and better directivity.

The RF7's have more range and that can be useful in situations you don't want the subs on. They also look great (IMO) and they cost a lot more...
Trimlock is offline  
post #9 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
A9X-308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,644
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1979 Post(s)
Liked: 1689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
and a good idea to utilize equipment from the same brand where possible.
Won't make any difference. My mains have drivers from 3 different brands and surrounds 2.
Most speaker manufacturers don't use the same manufacturer drivers within their speakers.


I'd get the 1099's.

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.” Chuck Palahniuk
A9X-308 is offline  
post #10 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308 View Post
Won't make any difference. My mains have drivers from 3 different brands and surrounds 2.
Most speaker manufacturers don't use the same manufacturer drivers within their speakers.


I'd get the 1099's.
Could you elaborate on the 1099's, I searched the forum and I can't figure out exactly what you're talking about. Maybe drop a link or tell me how to get there if you could. Thank you!
Howie11254 is offline  
post #11 of 65 Old 04-16-2020, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
Could you elaborate on the 1099's, I searched the forum and I can't figure out exactly what you're talking about. Maybe drop a link or tell me how to get there if you could. Thank you!

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-t...pressives.html

Chris
a77cj7 is online now  
post #12 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 04:37 AM
Member
 
Vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Nothing at all against the RF-7’s. I ran a 7.1 system with them for years using 7 RF-7’s all the way around. Several Klipsch speakers have been brought to these get together speaker shootouts though including RF-7’s and they don’t fair very well vs the DIYSG speakers. Since you were here in the DIY forum though I’d ask. For the price of RF-7 lll’s you could build better sounding speakers and still have money for a few subs and even an amp or two.
Vital is offline  
post #13 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chadsmith013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Jax, Florida
Posts: 4,314
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2572 Post(s)
Liked: 2618
1099s all the way..I love mine
BCRSS likes this.

Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC-95
Front Speakers: 3 DIYSG 1099's
Surround Speakers:2 DIYSG Volt 10's Atmos: 4 DIYSG Volt 6's
Subwoofers: Dual Eminence NSW 21's in Cyclops enclosures w/Inuke 6000
Nearfield: 4 B-52 SP-1804 18s w/Inuke 6000DSP
chadsmith013 is offline  
post #14 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Thank you!
Howie11254 is offline  
post #15 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Nothing at all against the RF-7’s. I ran a 7.1 system with them for years using 7 RF-7’s all the way around. Several Klipsch speakers have been brought to these get together speaker shootouts though including RF-7’s and they don’t fair very well vs the DIYSG speakers. Since you were here in the DIY forum though I’d ask. For the price of RF-7 lll’s you could build better sounding speakers and still have money for a few subs and even an amp or two.
So, I looked up what the 1099's are, and they do look very good. Even on DIYSG's website the flat packs with speakers included are only $420 dollars. So how would it sound if I did 1099's for center channel, left, right, sides, rear, and ceiling? essentially just using 1099's exclusively for my surround speakers? They would be powered with the Marantz SR8012 11.2
Howie11254 is offline  
post #16 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Also, would the 140 watts per channel that the Marantz pushes be enough to supply the 1099's? Because on the DIYSG sight it says that they can handle up to 600 watts.
Howie11254 is offline  
post #17 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim
Posts: 3,436
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1715 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
I would say yes. Most who have the 1099's are being powered by the AVR. That speaker is pretty efficient.
Quote:
Easy to power speaker with a true 99db 2.83v/meter sensitivity.

Automation: Alexa- Harmony Hub- Wemo Dimmer Switch- Wemo Smart Plug BatCave: SY Triple Black
Video Image: JVC RS500- Sony UBP-800X- Chromecast- 125" wide 16x9 white over black spandex screen
Audio: 5.2.4 Marantz SR7011- (LCR) QSC 2180 - (Surrounds) (4) BIC FH6-LCR- (Atmos) (4) Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch- (Subs)2 23ishcuft ported HS24s 14-15Hz tune - 2 Devastator Minis B&C21ds115 - 4 PA460 in ported cabs 40Hz tune- FP20000Q- 2 Sanway FP10000Q- Crown XLS1500- . To be continued...
johnson636 is online now  
post #18 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
a77cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sturgis, SD
Posts: 1,818
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
New Build!!!

@superkyle switched from RF-7s to ported 1299s with 1099 center. Maybe he will weigh in.

Chris

Last edited by a77cj7; 04-17-2020 at 02:41 PM.
a77cj7 is online now  
post #19 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
Also, would the 140 watts per channel that the Marantz pushes be enough to supply the 1099's? Because on the DIYSG sight it says that they can handle up to 600 watts.

Depends on how far away from the speaker you are sitting. A speaker will work on any charge as it doesn’t “need” a minimum amount of power to work.

These will hit THX standard on maybe 30watts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trimlock is offline  
post #20 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
@superkyle switched from RF-7’️s to ported 1299’️s with 1099 center. Maybe he’️ll weigh in.

Chris
Awesome! I hope he does.
Howie11254 is offline  
post #21 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
So, I looked up what the 1099's are, and they do look very good. Even on DIYSG's website the flat packs with speakers included are only $420 dollars. So how would it sound if I did 1099's for center channel, left, right, sides, rear, and ceiling? essentially just using 1099's exclusively for my surround speakers? They would be powered with the Marantz SR8012 11.2
I believe that would probably be one of the best sounding rooms you've ever heard lol. Yes your AVR will have no problem powering the 1099's.
Vital is offline  
post #22 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 2,187
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
I believe that would probably be one of the best sounding rooms you've ever heard lol. Yes your AVR will have no problem powering the 1099's.
Some "joker" (GSXR King?) built 7 1899s for a bed layer...


OP, Your idea of using 1099s for surround and Atmos may not be the best idea. IMHO, HT-10s https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-t...e-theater.html would be a great choice for surrounds, and Volt 8s https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-t...ries/volt.html for Atmos.



Since these are all high-efficiency, 8Ohm (I believe) speakers, your Marantz will have no problems driving them. Some people use a 3-channel amp for their LCR and let the AVR power the rest of their speakers. For you, I think that this is a good idea.
sigpig is offline  
post #23 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
I believe that would probably be one of the best sounding rooms you've ever heard lol. Yes your AVR will have no problem powering the 1099's.
Some "joker" (GSXR King?) built 7 1899s for a bed layer...


OP, Your idea of using 1099s for surround and Atmos may not be the best idea. IMHO, HT-10s https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-t...e-theater.html would be a great choice for surrounds, and Volt 8s https://www.diysoundgroup.com/home-t...ries/volt.html for Atmos.



Since these are all high-efficiency, 8Ohm (I believe) speakers, your Marantz will have no problems driving them. Some people use a 3-channel amp for their LCR and let the AVR power the rest of their speakers. For you, I think that this is a good idea.
Is the suggestion to go smaller just for the sake of price? Or are there other factors included?
Howie11254 is offline  
post #24 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
So, I looked up what the 1099's are, and they do look very good. Even on DIYSG's website the flat packs with speakers included are only $420 dollars. So how would it sound if I did 1099's for center channel, left, right, sides, rear, and ceiling? essentially just using 1099's exclusively for my surround speakers? They would be powered with the Marantz SR8012 11.2
I believe that would probably be one of the best sounding rooms you've ever heard lol. Yes your AVR will have no problem powering the 1099's.
Hmm......11 1099’s, 2 full devastators and 4 full Martys......

Honestly, cost wise that’s not as terrible as I thought before figuring. Roughly 5,000 for all 11 1099’s, 3,000 for the marantz, 1,500 for the 3 6,000 dsp’s i would need, and 1,500 or so for all wires, connectors and misc. so about 11,000 for the “sound” side of things....I’ll say 12,500 because things just tend to go that way and for bass traps and such. I’m really considering this....
Howie11254 is offline  
post #25 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
So, I looked up what the 1099's are, and they do look very good. Even on DIYSG's website the flat packs with speakers included are only $420 dollars. So how would it sound if I did 1099's for center channel, left, right, sides, rear, and ceiling? essentially just using 1099's exclusively for my surround speakers? They would be powered with the Marantz SR8012 11.2
I believe that would probably be one of the best sounding rooms you've ever heard lol. Yes your AVR will have no problem powering the 1099's.
Crap, I forgot the 1,500 in sub flat packs and 3,000 for subs. I’d go with the b&c 21” for devastators and more than likely ultimax 18’s for my full Marty’s. I’m just going to go on vacation for 2 or 3 days after calibrating and let it play around -20 through different tests to break in, when I go back I’m popping in transformers age of extension and going +5. 😂😂😂
Howie11254 is offline  
post #26 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 465
If you go full surround 1099’s please take tons of photos. I’d love to see that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trimlock is offline  
post #27 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
johnson636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim
Posts: 3,436
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1715 Post(s)
Liked: 1208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
Hmm......11 1099’s, 2 full devastators and 4 full Martys......
I double dog dare you

Automation: Alexa- Harmony Hub- Wemo Dimmer Switch- Wemo Smart Plug BatCave: SY Triple Black
Video Image: JVC RS500- Sony UBP-800X- Chromecast- 125" wide 16x9 white over black spandex screen
Audio: 5.2.4 Marantz SR7011- (LCR) QSC 2180 - (Surrounds) (4) BIC FH6-LCR- (Atmos) (4) Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch- (Subs)2 23ishcuft ported HS24s 14-15Hz tune - 2 Devastator Minis B&C21ds115 - 4 PA460 in ported cabs 40Hz tune- FP20000Q- 2 Sanway FP10000Q- Crown XLS1500- . To be continued...
johnson636 is online now  
post #28 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post
I double dog dare you
oh believe me, I want to! You don't have to dare me. I think I'm actually gravitating more and more towards this.
Howie11254 is offline  
post #29 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Howie11254's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cerulean, kentucky.
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimlock View Post
If you go full surround 1099’s please take tons of photos. I’d love to see that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll let you come listen to it and even bring some of your own 4k blu-rays to test on it if you pass my background check and I wind up going that route!
Howie11254 is offline  
post #30 of 65 Old 04-17-2020, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie11254 View Post
I'll let you come listen to it and even bring some of your own 4k blu-rays to test on it if you pass my background check and I wind up going that route!
lol let me know what you need to do the background check!
Trimlock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off