Ascendant Audio subs to fill large room? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-14-2006, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been looking around for a bit trying to plan my DIY sub project. I have shopped around for a while and am leaning toward the Crown K1 or K2 as an amp, but the subs are another question. I have a room that is very open, the main listening area is small but in this open floor plan it is open up to about >8000 ft^3 with tile floors so I have a lot of space to fill. Anyone know if the new Ascendant drivers are up to the task? I was looking at the Arsenal 15s and doing a couple of those with ported enclosures.

I figure this should be an approx. budget.
Used Crown Amp $400
2 Arsenal 15s $550
Build Materials $100

Total $1050

System: H/K 635 (replaced bad 3000ES), Polk Rti10, Polk Csi3, Polk Fxi3, WANTED:SUBs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-14-2006, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The Arsenal 15"s are so new, no one I know has posted anything about them for home use.

The huge room means nothing unless you you expect to have the same output level everywhere in that room. If that's the case you better start budgeting for a lot more drivers. If there's a main listening position a certain distance from the speakers then a couple ported 15" may to the job.

BTW for less money you get more Xmax with the Soundsplinter RL-p15, compared to the Arsenal 15

And yes you want a K2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page