EIKI LC-XT1 Theater Projector - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2019, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
EIKI LC-XT1 Theater Projector

Hello everyone ! I’m new to this forumQuestion for the community although these units may be to old. I I have two EIKI LC-XT1 Theatre projectors, They are in increafabky good shape, What I know about these units are they come from a large Church auditorium. They are 5000 lumens, has a max projection width of 50’ As of writing this I haven’t checked to see which lenses they have, I know very little to nothing about them, I’m assuming that the lamps are likely in need of replacement so my first question is are all lamps the same ? OEM lamps preferred ? Can and are the lamps upgradable for a brighter picture or higher lumens ? Second question, Can these machines be upgraded ? Last question until I nail down more information, We are having some fun in my studio both inside and outside with projection mapping software, Woukd anyone know if this machine or say both “Stacked” and aligned (oh does anyone know if these can be aligned by any kind of internal imagery like pixel alignment ?) have the kind of “Oomph” to (hypothetical) project onto an area roughly 3-4 stories up, Roughly 30’ Wide and 30’ Tall from about 250 yards away ? Again I know very little about these machines and projection mapping, I guess what I’m asking is if these machines offer any kind of experimental entertainment value, I didn’t pay much for these but I’m really hoping we can have some fun with these ! Has anyone used these for mapping projects ? What could I expect to achieve ? I’ve been dissaponted with information I’ve tried to gleen from our local professional AV resalers in that they either don’t know or they don’t want to spend the time if not buying. Again, Thanks for having me and thanks in advance for any information you have for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-16-2019, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello everyone ! I’m new to this forumQuestion for the community although these units may be to old. I I have two EIKI LC-XT1 Theatre projectors, They are in increafabky good shape, What I know about these units are they come from a large Church auditorium. They are 5000 lumens, has a max projection width of 50’ As of writing this I haven’t checked to see which lenses they have, I know very little to nothing about them, I’m assuming that the lamps are likely in need of replacement so my first question is are all lamps the same ? OEM lamps preferred ? Can and are the lamps upgradable for a brighter picture or higher lumens ? Second question, Can these machines be upgraded ? Last question until I nail down more information, We are having some fun in my studio both inside and outside with projection mapping software, Woukd anyone know if this machine or say both “Stacked” and aligned (oh does anyone know if these can be aligned by any kind of internal imagery like pixel alignment ?) have the kind of “Oomph” to (hypothetical) project onto an area roughly 3-4 stories up, Roughly 30’ Wide and 30’ Tall from about 250 yards away ? Again I know very little about these machines and projection mapping, I guess what I’m asking is if these machines offer any kind of experimental entertainment value, I didn’t pay much for these but I’m really hoping we can have some fun with these ! Has anyone used these for mapping projects ? What could I expect to achieve ? I’ve been dissaponted with information I’ve tried to gleen from our local professional AV resalers in that they either don’t know or they don’t want to spend the time if not buying. Again, Thanks for having me and thanks in advance for any information you have for me.
They are XGA or 4:3 aspect ratio units.

The units were in production from 2000 - 2003 so they are 16-19 years old. As far as lamps go, I doubt if you'll have a lot of choice for units that old and no there is no upgrade for a brighter picture nor can the projectors be upgraded.

With the 4:3 aspect you will need to pick which side, height or width, you want to be 30' in length. If you go for width, the image will be 30' wide by 22.5' high. Likewise if you go for 30' in height the image would be 40' wide by 30' high.

As far as throw distance for the image, the projector would be placed between ~55'-70' with an 80' maximum distance depending on the image size above. No, 250 yards away is out of the question for the image size your requesting. This is a function/limitation of the lens assembly.

Yes, you can stack the projectors. You can jury rig it or there are companies that sell or will manufacture a stacking fixture for you. You can use software or perhaps the projectors internal focus/alignment settings to help with stacking image alignment.

At the image size you're after you will most likely need to stack the units as the image from a single unit will not be terribly bright.

Yes, I definitely think there is some experimental entertainment value to be had with the key word being experimental. You'll be able to establish some understanding of what's possible working with a projected image as well as mapping software and techniques.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page