We are doing a huge remodel of our patio. We have built a swimming pool, the living room area and kitchen around a large center courtyard in a Nicaragua style Hacienda house and want to do a home theater at here.
The screen will go on the long wall behind the umbrella (opposite the house) and the shallow area where the seats are int he water. The projector will be under the cornet of the small roof that of on the opposite side of the pool. With the projector under the roof, it can be a fixed installation.
We want a retractable screen to hide it when not used.
One issue is the distance to the screen. From the projector to the screen will be about 25 feet. This means a smaller selection of projectors depending on how big to make the screen.
Decisions will be...
1. How big of screen. (Between the lights is only 110". If I get rid of the wall lights, there is as much as wanted. If the screen is to fit between the lights, the number of projectors is very small as we would beed a high throw ratio of like 2.6 or more. ( I only see a few home grade ones that have this throw. IE OPtima and they are DLP). Wondering about the foxed outdoor issiue wth the DLP with moving parts? The corner of the roof is a big "off" the center line for the screen and therefore, the projector will need to have horizontal keystone and/or 4 corners.
2. How many lumens vs screen size?
3. Gray, white or other screen etc.
-- Lots of audio issues as well....
4. Large area 40' square or slightly bigger. Bad acoustings/hard walls.
5. Do I use a good high end speaker system with an AV receiver like. Klipsch/Polk, etc. (Speakers can all be protected under roofs etc. Or do I use live sound audio like a concert PA with some sort of 7.2 decoder or something?
6. With the large space, a live sound system would have more power (especially subwoofers) but far less refined than a home theater high end audio system. Then again, with the hard walls, would it really matter?
Lots of questions....
A complete alternative is, we have a space in the house that is empty and depending on decisions, it could be made into a very high end real indoor theater. This area is about 16 x 28 with a high ceiling. Wife wants it for her hobby room but I can argue it with her. LOL
Photos here and a diagram on a google drive folder: drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOZkX7kQ34oUrFAM2MN9wGUBBpf8TtL-
You you will need to add the http prefix because it will not let me post links until I have made more posts because I am new.
Help would be appreciated