TV for outdoors, looking for recommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-19-2019, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TV for outdoors, looking for recommendations

I'm ditching my projector and am looking to replace it with a 65" TV set. The TV will only be used in the evenings, so dusk or nighttime viewing. There will be some ambient light bleeding in from a neighbor's pole light (ugh). I'm not overly concerned with the durability of the TV outside, as it will be under a covered deck and I can make some sort of sheathing for when it's not in use. I am lost though when it comes to the best TV. I'm still using my Panasonic Plasma indoors and don't know anything about LCDs, LEDs, etc so I'm looking for advice on the best option. I want at 65" set, 4K and the best video quality possible for ~$600 or less. I don't care about audio, "smart" features, etc. I'm not expecting to find anything jaw dropping in that range, of course, but something that will look nice for family movie nights.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-19-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFTony View Post
I'm ditching my projector and am looking to replace it with a 65" TV set. The TV will only be used in the evenings, so dusk or nighttime viewing. There will be some ambient light bleeding in from a neighbor's pole light (ugh). I'm not overly concerned with the durability of the TV outside, as it will be under a covered deck and I can make some sort of sheathing for when it's not in use. I am lost though when it comes to the best TV. I'm still using my Panasonic Plasma indoors and don't know anything about LCDs, LEDs, etc so I'm looking for advice on the best option. I want at 65" set, 4K and the best video quality possible for ~$600 or less. I don't care about audio, "smart" features, etc. I'm not expecting to find anything jaw dropping in that range, of course, but something that will look nice for family movie nights.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Your $600 or less budget number really both frames and defines the answer to your question.

Six-hundred dollars or less is a small number for a large screen. My advice would be to go visit the usual suspects, Best Buy, Costco, Walmart, Target, etc. and buy which ever ~$600, 65" TV that you think has the best picture. You're going to most likely limit yourself to brands like TCL, Hisense, Vizio, and probably last years models from LG and Samsung.

LED/LCD TV's have become commodity items and units in the lower price range are probably more alike than different up to even using the same display panels between brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page