FM Transmitter rexommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-18-2019, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
FM Transmitter rexommendations

My lot is about a third of an acre and I have a 170 inch outdoor screen in my backyard. For now, my basic solution for my audio is that I would like an FM transmitter that I can connect to the audio out out on my projector so that I can broadcast to the stereo boom box that I have out in my yard. Eventually, I would like dedicated outdoor speakers, but that's an upgrade for next Spring.

What FM transmitter that provides clean audio broadcasting for up to 25-30 yards would you recommend? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-19-2019, 05:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieYard86 View Post
My lot is about a third of an acre and I have a 170 inch outdoor screen in my backyard. For now, my basic solution for my audio is that I would like an FM transmitter that I can connect to the audio out out on my projector so that I can broadcast to the stereo boom box that I have out in my yard. Eventually, I would like dedicated outdoor speakers, but that's an upgrade for next Spring.

What FM transmitter that provides clean audio broadcasting for up to 25-30 yards would you recommend? Thank you!
I don't have personal experience using it, but the Whole House FM Transmitter is a popular unit, seems to work well, and gets good reviews for a reasonable price.

There used to be a Backyard Theater forum elsewhere on the internet and the Whole House FM Transmitter was kind of a go to unit. It was popular to encourage people to bring a transistor radio with them and use it kind of like the window hanging speakers Drive-In's used for audio.

People also use the Whole House FM Transmitter to broadcast music with Christmas yard light displays too. You can find reviews and see it being used on YouTube.

https://wholehousefmtransmitter.com/
post #3 of 3 Old 09-26-2019, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I have the one below and use it for my Christmas Projector display.

Signstek 0.5 W 05B Dual Mode Long Range Stereo Broadcast Home FM Transmitter with Antenna and Free Audio Cable Fashion Black (Amazon)

It is awesome and you can adjust the power... It easily will do 1/4 circle- and I have picked it up over a mile away.
You will want to control the power and only use the amount you need the FCC allows these- but for a limit of about 100 yards.

I have also used it in my Harley to broadcast music so all the motorcycles could play the same music in a parade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page