Covered Patio TV Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-12-2020, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Covered Patio TV Question

Hello everyone. We are currently putting a roof over our existing patio. See images attached (the hand sketch is the new design for the fireplace wall). My question relates to the TV. We were going to put two (2) TV's out there and the Sunbrite TV's are extremely expensive in comparison to other OLED TV's I can buy from a big box store. My question is whether the Sunbrite is really worth it? As you can see from the drawings, the roof will be covering the TV and it really will not be exposed to rain, etc. Any thoughts are welcomed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60191959553__C78EEB48-6D0B-4AA9-AFFA-7F195936704A.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	2684004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Azzara 12.5 3d kitchen.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	2684006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Azzara 12.5 3d fireplace.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	2684008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Azzara 12.5 3d2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	2684010  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-12-2020, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1293 Post(s)
Liked: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaba View Post
Hello everyone. We are currently putting a roof over our existing patio. See images attached (the hand sketch is the new design for the fireplace wall). My question relates to the TV. We were going to put two (2) TV's out there and the Sunbrite TV's are extremely expensive in comparison to other OLED TV's I can buy from a big box store. My question is whether the Sunbrite is really worth it? As you can see from the drawings, the roof will be covering the TV and it really will not be exposed to rain, etc. Any thoughts are welcomed!
If it doesn't rain sideways you're probably ok. Usually with the standby power on the units stay dry. There are a lot of sports bar's with covered patio bars using LCD TV's with out Sunbrite or Sunbrite type enclosures.

Another option is to use a mount that will allow relatively quick or easy removal of the unit if you're not using it for an extended period of time or you run into extremely bad weather.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-18-2020, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzaba View Post
What is your final decision? From the drawing, it looks ok. I am recently designing my backyard. I'm going to put my 55inch TV out there, but I don't have a good roof like yours. I have to get a cover to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page