Outdoor Multi-Zone Audio Design Challenge - help needed - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-31-2020, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Outdoor Multi-Zone Audio Design Challenge - help needed

Had a pool and outdoor kitchen installed over the last couple of years and now it's time for audio/video. Here is the scenario

I need a TV at the outdoor kitchen which will be in full sun from noon-8pm and has to survive the harsh Chicago weather. Most likely will be getting the SunBrite Pro, due to the full sun, but it doesn't have speakers. I need to figure out an audio solution for the TV and I was hoping to do a small amplifier that could be mounted inside the SunBrite enclosure, or could live in another wall mounted outdoor weather proof enclosure.

This is zone 1 and it would have a pair of wall mounted outdoor speakers. This zone needs to be able to play sound from the TV or sound from some sort of streaming device.

Zone 2 will have a pair of wall mounted outdoor speakers over by the pool. These speakers will only play speakers from some sort of streaming device.

The possible scenarios we're looking at
Zone 1 and Zone 2 playing the same music from the same streaming device - so all 4 speakers on at the same time playing music from the same source.
Zone 1 could be playing sound from the TV while Zone 2 was playing music from the streaming device.
Zone 1 playing music from a streaming device while Zone 2 has no sound
Zone 2 playing music from a streaming device while Zone 1 has no sound

I know how to do this inside a home with a wired system but I'm trying to not have to drill into my home and run tons of wires to make this work. Some sort of small form factor, wireless system with bluetooth capability is really what I'm trying to find that will allow streaming audio and sound from the TV as well.

Any advice here? Is this even possible?

I Golf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page