Drop down screen repaint for outdoor - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-02-2020, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Drop down screen repaint for outdoor

So I have a 120 inch drop down screen i bought new for $70 5 years ago. Worked great for 3 seasons but over time the bugs have left marks all over the place. Can't effectively clean it because the bug juice has left permanent marks. I want to repaint and make it easier to keep clean in the process.

I have spent hours reading what do and yes I can buy an HVLP sprayer or try my auto HVLP sprayer with thinned paint to lay down primer, and then top coat with white satin (I like a brighter screen and will be far enough away I don't think hot spots will be aproblem).

Alternatively I am thinking of using Rustoleum 2x rattle can paint from HD first to spray white primer and then spray satin white. Should give a could finished product, easy to clean, and any problems areas easily touched up.

The goal is to be able to lay a thinner coat than latex so I can easily retract the screen back and avoid the risk for pealing that can occur with latex when you roll it up and store the screen away for the season. I also want a surface I can easily clean the bugs off of. I don't think latex will get me there.

Anyone try this? The white should offer me the gain I want. I would love to spray gray to reduce the effects of ambient light so I can watch around dusk but only have a 3000 lumens projector. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page