Speaker options for outdoor movies - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-2020, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Speaker options for outdoor movies

So I am getting together the components to have family over when this whole covid19 eases up in my area...maybe that means mid-late July here.

I already own or have decided on the following:

Screen: elite screens yard master plus 145"

Projector: Optoma eh412 which puts out 4500 lumens.

Receiver: An old Yamaha RX-V2700 that should work well enough.

Source: Sony UBP-X700. I figure I will run direct from the DVD to the projector and then another cable to the receiver for sound. I'm not going to try with a 15y/o receiver and passing through.

Rear speakers: I have proficient aw830s mounted along the joists under my deck that will work for one, then opposite on the fence, I will do another. I use these for normal listening while eating or messing around next to our pool.

That just leaves me with what to do for LCR. They will pretty much have to be set up each time over on the grass.

I've been leaning towards the monoprice PA speakers, but have been mentally going back and forth between passive and powered. One day i am on powered because they might be better with bass and the next I am too passive to save some money because the bass on the powered really isnt there anyway and there would be less wires to have to run.

What other options am I missing? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on speakers for what will only be movies played outside in an imperfect yard.

ETA: I also have a pair of Klipsch KSB 2.1 bookshelfs I am not using and see the matching center KSC-C1 on ebay for like $100ish.

Last edited by applegrcoug; 06-07-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2020, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Id honestly buy 2 out door bass speakers (maybe forza 8's? Perhaps?) So they could be the main bass and bury them into the dirt around the home theater somewhere ... That way u can get the speakers u want for out door theater and not have to worry about not enough sound and especially base

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2020, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For me simplicity was key so I was willing to give up surround, and just went with a used Bose Acoustic Wave Music System (CD3000). Sounds great and can be had for under $400.
Simple easy setup and because it's portable, I can take it everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page