Suggestions for used projector in $300-$400 range for 16'x9' ft outdoor screen?
I'm looking to purchase a used projector for outdoor movie nights. I'm curious if the folks in this forum have some suggestions?
- we use a 16'x9' feet screen made out of blackout material
- I have basically unlimited space for where I can set the projector in relation to the screen, so long throw/short throw doesn't really matter to me
- looking for 1080p, HDMI input
- price range is up to $400-ish, but the wife would love it to be under $250-ish :-D
- I'll only be using this occasionally outside, maybe 3-4 times each summer outside, and 3-4 times throughout the year indoors
One projector I've seen mentioned is the Epson HC1060. They may be in that price range used. Other suggestions?
Other question, about audio: I have some theater speakers (literally came from a theater that shut down. they're really good). I need a stereo of some sort to hook them up to. Any suggestions for older stereos that could do the job? I don't want to take my theater receiver outside unless I have to, but I guess I could find a cheap used one of those to use just for outdoor showings. Stereo is all I really need, not surround.
Anything else I should be thinking about?
Thanks for any advice you can give !!
Last edited by mpoyner; 06-10-2020 at 06:15 PM.