Projector and sound for backyard theater? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-25-2020, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Projector and sound for backyard theater?

Hi all,
We could use some help setting up our backyard to show movies for the first time. We just bought a 165" diagonal Flexiwhite screen kit from Carl's. We had been thinking about the Epson 1060 for projector but had a few questions:
  • Is it bright enough? Is it too bright? Based on the Carl's calculator, the brightness is estimated at 37 fL! We plan to use it in our backyard which has very little ambient light.
  • How are the speakers in the Epson 1060? Any others you would recommend? Our backyard is very quiet. We want to enjoy good quality sound without bothering the neighbors.
  • Anything else we should know? Projectors you would recommend more highly? We'd rather not spend more than about $600 on it. If this becomes a real hobby we can upgrade

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2020, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 41
It won't be too bright and you'll have to hook up an amp and speakers of some kind. When I get a projector for our backyard, that's the one I plan on getting too.

Currently building the Quarterdeck Club
post #3 of 3 Old 07-03-2020, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainChunk View Post
It won't be too bright and you'll have to hook up an amp and speakers of some kind. When I get a projector for our backyard, that's the one I plan on getting too.
I have the HC1060 and the speakers are in my opinion pretty poor. I have elected to build a pretty portable system that I can take down and put up in about 15 mins.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Outdoor Theaters

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page