Official new 9500LC and upgrade thread!! - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 49Likes

post #121 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 01:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
This is great Diddern. You did exactly what I expected you to do....Again, you resize my shots instead of simply posting your comparison. But when you jumped on these particular shots, that were taking using a $20.00 HDMI converter. You immediately saw an opportunity to do your comparisons again....that wasn't possible withe thee previous shots, because it's very obvious you'll not be able to make your shots look better. Even knowing when you resize my shots, your literally destroy the resolution of it.

Anyway, you jumped right on those peaked out and fuzzy shots, as I knew you could not resist..

So to further prove my point, try doing your thing with either or both of the two shots below. But before you do, I'm letting you know I'll be putting out even better shots in the near future. So get that JVC dialed in, because you're going to need it

uploading images

upload image

MP to resize your shots wont help your pictures, I do the same with mine, only taken away the black bars. and my originals are about 20MB.

I wonder why you put up pictures here using a $20.00 HDMI converter. Huum

But that is fine, make the same picture with what you use today. Put out this King Kong picture again new taken.
Everyone here now know what a JVC X500 Will do compared, so its just for fun I do it since you say "So get that JVC dialed in, because you're going to need it" Why not focus on your marquee?

And put this pictures on your big screen using the marquee. That is how big difference it is in real. Like I have said close-ups look ok on CRT "pictures" but seen on screen a big big difference. Take the same you have taken before, so we can see what happens. OOOO I forgot THAT WONT HAPPEN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_1801.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1117314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_1801JVC.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	1117322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_1784.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	1117330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_1784Jvc.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	1117338  

Last edited by Dj Dee; 12-15-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
MP to resize your shots wont help your pictures, I do the same with mine, only taken away the black bars. and my originals are about 20MB.

I wonder why you put up here using a $20.00 HDMI converter.
But that is fine make the same picture with what you use today.Put out this King Kong picture again new taken.
Everyone here now know what a JVC will do compared, so its just for fun I do it since you say "So get that JVC dialed in, because you're going to need it"

And put this pictures on your screen using the marquee. That is how big difference it is in real. Like I have said close-ups look ok on CRT "pictures" but seen on a big big difference. Take the same you have taken before, so we can see what happens. OOOO I forgot THAT WONT HAPPEN.

Again Diddern, why are you still posting the image (Kong) from the $20.00 device. Did you not understand why they were posted?

And on the other shot showing the tribesman side, why do you insist on believing that re-sizing does not affect the image, when it's well known that it does. Plus, why are you so comfortable posting the comparisons, when the difference between Natural and Artificial is so obvious.....I'll let you guess which shots look Natural..
post #123 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Quote:
Again Diddern, why are you still posting the image (Kong) from the $20.00 device. Did you not understand why they were posted?

And on the other shot showing the tribesman side, why do you insist on believing that re-sizing does not affect the image, when it's well known that it does. Plus, why are you so comfortable posting the comparisons, when the difference between Natural and Artificial is so obvious.....I'll let you guess which shots look Natural..
Your shot has nothing to do with natural as it is so off on all things that make it natural. What do you actually mean by natural mean I don´t know, but to 99.9999% of the population the JVC picture looks way more natural than your CRT picture. And the resize DJ Dee does is not affecting the outcome as his pictures is resized in the same way...
post #125 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:35 AM

Quote:

The picture from Fifth Element looks so bad I don´t know why you keep posting it. You really need to readjust your camera skills and projector, because there is something major wrong here. His dress looks brown where it should be black.
Dj Dee likes this.
post #126 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

My GOD........... I do not have words.....MP MP MP
Fact , resizing your images will almost not have any effect, they are so way off Natural.. and good.
And I cant understand why you don't take the hint and calibrate, and have more focus on the image seen on screen. You will get a better image on your Marquee all over I know. The last 909 I saw was 100 times better in total quality than what you show here.
You have done this in how many years now, remember you form a long time ago. When I was in the game. You are almost on the same spot you were then. Take the hint calibrate, you will get a much better image all over.
And stop to throw **** about other technologies than CRT. Do the best out of your CRT, and you get much more credibility.
Elix likes this.
post #127 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
The picture from Fifth Element looks so bad I don´t know why you keep posting it. You really need to readjust your camera skills and projector, because there is something major wrong here. His dress looks brown where it should be black.

He just put out pictures so the side by side pictures I put out will move, I understand him.
post #128 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 02:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

All Crts I have seen look better than all your pictures MP.
So I just wonder, do you have so much black crush, white crush/blooming in your setup or is it just your camera skills?
post #129 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 03:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My GOD........... I do not have words.....MP MP MP
Fact , resizing your images will almost not have any effect, they are so way off Natural.. and good.
And I cant understand why you don't take the hint and calibrate, and have more focus on the image seen on screen. You will get a better image on your Marquee all over I know. The last 909 I saw was 100 times better in total quality than what you show here.
You have done this in how many years now, remember you form a long time ago. When I was in the game. You are almost on the same spot you were then. Take the hint calibrate, you will get a much better image all over.
And stop to throw **** about other technologies than CRT. Do the best out of your CRT, and you get much more credibility.
After looking at you and Andy's constant post to put me on track, you had me thinking I was posting in one of the Digital Forums. So I checked which forum I was in and surely it said: CRT Projectors

So then I thought maybe I was in the wrong thread, like maybe a thread in the CRT Forum that was discussing a particular other technology that had nothing to do with an Marquee CRT projector, or one that has been modified.... and surely again the thread reads: Official new 9500LC and upgrade thread!!

So then I started scratching my head, slightly confused as to why when I post shots in this thread you two guys keep showing up giving me a hard time... but what's really funny and I'm no longer scratching my head now, because I have not yet posted the best it can do..
post #130 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 03:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
After looking at you and Andy's constant post to put me on track, you had me thinking I was posting in one of the Digital Forums. So I checked which forum I was in and surely it said: CRT Projectors

So then I thought maybe I was in the wrong thread, like maybe a thread in the CRT Forum that was discussing a particular other technology that had nothing to do with an Marquee CRT projector, or one that has been modified.... and surely again the thread reads: Official new 9500LC and upgrade thread!!

So then I started scratching my head, slightly confused as to why when I post shots in this thread you two guys keep showing up giving me a hard time... but what's really funny and I'm no longer scratching my head now, because I have not yet posted the best it can do..
Thats god for you MP. That's what I really waiting for. And asked for the entire time, Contact me i can Give you hints how to take more correct shot also,if you want.
When you have loose canons in this topic , that is only interested as I feel in making unserious discussion and talking bad about other tecnologies that will happen. Use focus on the CRT image.
post #131 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 04:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thats god for you MP. That's what I really waiting for. And asked for the entire time, Contact me i can Give you hints how to take more correct shot also,if you want.
When you have loose canons in this topic , that is only interested as I feel in making unserious discussion and talking bad about other tecnologies that will happen. Use focus on the CRT image.
You're not making any sense here. This THREAD is in the CRT FORUM, and you and Andy keep popping up CHALLENGING everything in it... Why, how do you rightfully justify your meddling and trolling when you were NOT asked to join in or bring anything to the discussions here. If someone else mentions your technology, and you respond fine.. But why are you and your sidekick so bent on attacking my work and going against what the title of the thread reads..
No I don't need your assistance with anything -- go away!

But of course, that;s impossible for you to leave this thread alone, because you believe you have to prove CRT does not produce a better image than digital. If making a point for which is better, I would be doing as you always do, and means I would be posting in the digital threads and telling them what they need to do to make their images better, and pointing out the flaws in digital technology. But no, I would not be doing that for a many reason, to include it's a wrong thing to do. Plus is Trolling!

And why keep saying so anyone that wants to buy them can make a fair judgement on the improvements - please stop getting me mixed up with Greg, because proven that my mods make a difference has NOT been a problem at all...

The pictures are going to get better, no question.
post #132 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You're not making any sense here. This THREAD is in the CRT FORUM, and you and Andy keep popping up CHALLENGING everything in it... Why, how do you rightfully justify your meddling and trolling when you were NOT asked to join in or bring anything to the discussions here. If someone else mentions your technology, and you respond fine.. But why are you and your sidekick so bent on attacking my work and going against what the title of the thread reads..
No I don't need your assistance with anything -- go away!

But of course, that;s impossible for you to leave this thread alone, because you believe you have to prove CRT does not produce a better image than digital. If making a point for which is better, I would be doing as you always do, and means I would be posting in the digital threads and telling them what they need to do to make their images better, and pointing out the flaws in digital technology. But no, I would not be doing that for a many reason, to include it's a wrong thing to do. Plus is Trolling!

And why keep saying so anyone that wants to buy them can make a fair judgement on the improvements - please stop getting me mixed up with Greg, because proven that my mods make a difference has NOT been a problem at all...

The pictures are going to get better, no question.
Now you take it to far, by saying I'm trolling.
Was anything in my post trolling? I believe that your pictures will be better, if you do some calibration and be better with camera. Also asked you a question if your setup has blackcrush, white crush and blooming. Because all your pictures show this after what I see. Can be your camera skill or your setup.

You have people here on CRT forum that supporting you, and bringing up other tecnologies and telling how bad that is. So that's ok and not trolling even on a CRT forum? Read what other people write in here, I do not say that you do the same.
The same would happen in a digital forum if I saied calibrate by eye is better or that my pico pro is better than a Vw1100, are you so blind to see that? You are some of the few left to do modification to a CRT that have effect. But you need to show it better. That's the only thing I try to say to you. That other just try to make discussion here is not what I want at all.
post #133 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #134 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is the same as from the screenshot war, some days ago. Is this your best shots?
Pictures look ok on my iPhone. But new pictures so it can't be compared with your old pictures. So other than 4 persons can see the difference. Take that King Kong picture.
It can easy be done. But you won't wonder why?
post #135 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Perhaps something you do not see on the shots is that there is no processing of the image going on and that the blacks come straight from the hdmi chip. Perhaps some think that does not matter but in my simple world there is information in the movie when it is recorded well and not processed flat. Mike makes a huge step in getting this information from the recording without losing it in electronic processing. How do you know that? Well there is only one simple way. Look at the picture does it feel real? Does it feel like you could step into that space? Does the dark black night look like it is frightening or is it just the absence of light. Simple words easy to scientifically dismiss them.
post #136 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox001 View Post
Perhaps something you do not see on the shots is that there is no processing of the image going on and that the blacks come straight from the hdmi chip. Perhaps some think that does not matter but in my simple world there is information in the movie when it is recorded well and not processed flat. Mike makes a huge step in getting this information from the recording without losing it in electronic processing. How do you know that? Well there is only one simple way. Look at the picture does it feel real? Does it feel like you could step into that space? Does the dark black night look like it is frightening or is it just the absence of light. Simple words easy to scientifically dismiss them.
When the picture looks like the projector is waay out of focus and the colors are so off and the picture is so flat it is simply silly it is far from getting the feeling I could step into that space. The pictures look so flat and dull I am not getting a feeling of reality at all the way I can get with a good digital like the JVC X500 or even better the RS600 when I get it. A natural picture should look sharp with natural colors and great depth and I see nothing of that in MP´s pictures at all.

And @mp20748 you are constantly telling us how much better your CRT are than any other digital so you must just accept what we are doing here and challenging you to really show what your CRT can do, because what you have shown us so far in here and at Curt Palmes forum is not even close att all. And stop calling me Dj Dee´s sidekick as I am not his sidekick at all. He is a good friend of mine and thats all.
post #137 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 08:54 AM

From what I hear the JVC's sharpness is more irritating hard to the eye than the Sony's. If I would go digital the Sony's are more appealing to me. You would call the Sony soft? I compare it to a cd player and a record player. The cd players can sound harsh. Anyway everyone should enjoy what they like.
post #138 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
From what I hear the JVC's sharpness is more irritating hard to the eye than the Sony's. If I would go digital the Sony's are more appealing to me. You would call the Sony soft? I compare it to a cd player and a record player. The cd players can sound harsh. Anyway everyone should enjoy what they like.
The Sony4K models are sharper than the jvc.
So you say Sony soft 😉
And you like every other person like what you like. And I have owned mostly all Sonys ink. Vw1100 and most or tested all Jvc models.
And waiting for my Rs600.
And a hint do not believe all you hear😉
post #139 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I have owned several Sonys including the VW1100 and it is sharper than the JVC X500 by quite a bit. The JVC if set up correctly has a very film like and smooth picture just like the Sonys, but you have to know how to set up the internal prosessing of the different projectors. Both the Sonys and JVC´s can easily made to look like **** with a overprosessed and hard/overcooked looking picture with edge enhancement from hell. The Sonys 4K models throw a really nice picture, but they can not compete with the incredible contrast and blacklevels of the JVC´s. Of corse everyone should enjoy what they like that is not the argument here.

And like DJ Dee says over here you should not listen to all you hear. I have owned all Sony Models since the VW85 to the VW1100 including 2 HW50 and HW55´s. I also have owned or tested all JVC models since the RS1 and many times side by side with different projectors. I always buy what I think is best within my budget and the last year this has been the JVC´s and I think it will be the same this year also. I will do a side by side test with the Sony VW520 and the RS600 and if the Sony is better I will sell my RS600 and buy the Sony, but I am 99% sure this is not going to happen after I saw the 520 a while ago and a couple of days after saw the X5000 and I liked the X5000 more than the VW520 from memory. But I have to do a side by side to make up my mind totally.

Last edited by Andreas21; 12-13-2015 at 09:36 AM.
post #140 of 404 Old 12-13-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I understand from what you are writing that you have little knowledge on digital projectors, and the way to describe pictures that look like this its impossible to understand for me. Don't you really not see black crush?, White crush?, Blooming? Lack of debt, clarity, dynamic, sharpnes. Detail sharpnes it non existing.
Unprocessed or not, its with a camera, is that camera digital?
You Saied : Look at the picture does it feel real? My answer NO FAR from real my opinion. Real is how you see things out in real life isn't that correct, a CRT or a digitals is still far from that. And to se what is closest to real the pictures talks for them selves in this case.

We agree that Mike makes mods, if its better or not, I cant see that with his pictures, because every other picture on the CRT war looks the absolute same or better. I have owned CRT from the start and I can say for shore that all the CRT I have owned and seen also modded looks better than his pictures. That's why I want him to show it.
I do not doubt that it will be better.

MP promised to take some shots that will really prove that his mods do some change. He can start with the King Kong picture.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 12-14-2015 at 02:01 AM.
post #141 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 03:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

mp20748 had a look at it on my computer, and this is the best photos you have showed so far. I think you would have seen differences form a original one.
We have many pictures that you have taken, so show them like I do here, I think it can be shown well.
I have only my reference here at home and its not a CRT.
I see the differences but still like it.

upload a picture

free picture upload

upload image free

image url

Last edited by Dj Dee; 12-15-2015 at 12:11 AM.
post #142 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 03:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #143 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 04:46 AM

Harvey Keitel what u boat was this? Not 'das boot' I guess
post #144 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 05:39 AM

Quote:
mp20748 had a look at it on my computer, and this is the best photos you have showed so far. I think you would have seen differences form a original one.
We have many pictures that you have taken, so show them like I do here, I think it can be shown well.
I have only my reference here at home and its not a CRT.
I see the differences but still like it.

Good shots both. Seems CRT has more punch, more light peaking for the rest differences seem small. Think the digitals would benefit from HDR in the future?
post #145 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Harvey Keitel what u boat was this? Not 'das boot' I guess

That's U571
post #146 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Good shots both. Seems CRT has more punch, more light peaking for the rest differences seem small. Think the digitals would benefit from HDR in the future?

Looked like more punch to me to at first, but if you see closely you see that camera shutter time or setup is different. That will destroy details and cause white and black crush. Maybe also in his setup. And to much red/green . I have 16FL, 110" doubt he got more than that in real. But normal on a CRT correct adjusted 7-11FL 9"

Differences are small with small screens, like a pad or a laptop. And close-ups like this is where a Crt will do fine. With more info in the picture you will get closer to the King Kong picture he put up. Because of low MTF and all parameters that I have written before.

But clairly I liked the marquee pics. Definitely good at "close-ups" but I like to see the king kong with more info in the picture.. And some before after pictures.

Off topic :About HDR, hopefully will be some better, I have seen Sony VW520 with HDR and that was quite good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1119754  

Last edited by Dj Dee; 12-14-2015 at 06:55 AM.
post #147 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Redfox001 Here so you understand what I mean with much info and details in picture.
Its form a 909 from a good friend of mine taken some time ago. "Side by side test".
This can also be a picture MP can pick from Samsara almost at the start in the movie.

Barco 909

Digital

Last edited by Dj Dee; 12-15-2015 at 12:34 AM.
post #148 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
A CRT has no chance when it comes to brightness against a JVC X500 even if the JVC is set to low mode with the iris closed a bit down. What you see is the different camera settings, the CRT has so much white crush it is silly. A screenshot is not a good way to show brightness. A screenshot is actually not good do comparisons at all if they are not taken in the same room on the same screen with the same settings on a tripod++.

The Apocalypto closeups is not very difficult to make looking good as not much sharpness is needed, if MP posted the King Kong picture again with the dinosaurs (or any other high detail picture) in the valley and a good one this time the CRT would once again be destroyed by the JVC and that is just because of the limitations of the CRT tech and hardware and no bandwith mod is going to change that I am afraid.

But now it is enough OT...
post #149 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3249 Post(s)
Liked: 4045
Quote:
If you use the right sharpness patterns for all colors you will easy see if you have some processing that gives a negative effect. I recommend Ted light space disk. Then easy to turn things down like all kind of sharpness, clarity , NR, softness, edge enhancement, and all parameters in the projector that you have. Some prefer default and some prefer tuned down. And it's also possible that you can't get all processing tuned off.
Correctly said, you need to use a Sharpness Pattern to prevent edge enhancement (halo/ringing effect) or soft contouring (blurring of the image details).

Wrong Sharpness setting can hide the natural details from being displayed correctly.

You can check using a Sharpness Pattern some display settings like: Digital Reality Creation, Noise Reduction, MPEG Noise Reduction, Dot Noise Reduction, Noise Filtering, Detail Enhancer, Edge Enhancer, Super Resolution, Digital Clear View to see how they are affecting your image resolution.

You can see also how the Sony's Digital Reality Creation Manual Setting is interacting to the high frequency resolution lines and to find your best performance setting after trying some DCR's different values, and watch how many artifacts a wrong setting of your sharpness is introducing.

* Scaled Picturea from Actual 1920x1080 pixel sized Patterns.

You may find interesting to test your display with this Advanced Sharpness Pattern that is available inside the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Blu-Ray Disk among with other 150 Color Reproduction Patterns.

This Sharpness Pattern is not limited to typical Black/Gray/White Background that all current calibration disks are using but at 4-Step (25%, 50%, 75%,100%) of 7-Color Amplitude (Gray, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) Background...

Better View - Part of the Advanced Sharpness Pattern

This Advanced Sharpness pattern is a real challenge for any display, it's will uncloak problems of you current sharpness control setting or from other enabled enhancements that were not visible before.

You can use it to verify your current sharpness setting value that you have set using a pattern generator or other calibration disk pattern since all other sharpness patterns available are based at grayscale lines/backgrounds only.

These multicolored backgrounds and shapes/lines combination will require to tweak your current setting to a different that is different setting from that you have already set based on other classic grayscale based sharpness pattern.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #150 of 404 Old 12-14-2015, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My control board is bad and it causes squiggly lines and zaggy objects over the entire screen..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page