Screenshot War CRT vs Digital 2015-2016 - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
Closed Thread

post #481 of 494 Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
Yeah, I remember a graph like that being reported after the mods left your house that time. And after you had your calibrator setup your projector, and how happy and pleased you were with the results. But then I had a visit from someone who removed your boards and then from their location generator an odd graph. My concern on that was that your calibrator did not notice anything wrong as he did when there was a problem with the blue neck board that was fixed and he confirmed that afterwards. Now the various times I reached out to you, you wee still content. All until a person came to visit and wanted to take your boards with them. It still puzzles me that the calibrator, who we all know was and is a top notch guy in the field, was VERY pleased with what was on your screen, to later find out from someone you and I both know, totally disagrees with everything I do..

OK, and so with your setup being so sharp, post a few shots and let us see what it looks like. I still have the PM from Curt's site where your comment after your calibrator setup your projector with my mods in it: "Lots of sharpness" is what you wrote, and I also have what you said your calibrator thought of the mods.

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy. That's all that matters...
It is a little hard to follow and know what is true and not true in this particular case. Think it is better to post screenshot pictures from both digital and CRT and let them speak for them self, not dig up all this old dirt about all the bad CRT mods out there..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 494 Old 03-21-2019, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
True lets get back to topic. Remember to cut away black bars and fun if more can participate.
I have to say that I got shocked just what a filter could do to my old JVC X500. If someone sees this how it is, I be shocked if even one said it look bad or did not like it in real.

Same about the Gabor modded Marquee that I got pictures from.

This can be a interesting shot, also hard to capture so much details in black and white together. Use the screencap, so everyone have the same source material. Remember to cut away black bars.
Remember to download in 1920x1080

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
post #483 of 494 Old 03-21-2019, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Different camera

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Here a little screenshot war.
Many different cameras
1. JVC X500 E-shift off.

2- Marquee Gabors modifications

3. Sony VW270

4.Marquee MP

Screencap

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-22-2019 at 04:34 AM.
post #485 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 03:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 89
From the 4 pictures above, I actually like the Marqee Gabor the most. I want name the worst among them because it is quite obivous to everyone I think.

Edit: After looking more. Some sharpening processing is added to the Gabor picture, either by camera or source.

Per Johnny

Last edited by Per Johnny; 03-22-2019 at 04:36 AM.
post #486 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johnny View Post
From the 4 pictures above, I actually like the Marqee Gabor the most. I want name the worst among them because it is quite obivous to everyone I think.

DJ is back to doing his thing again and it's getting to be more obvious..lol

1 - my shot going from a 97kb file to a 52KB file..

2 - look at the left wall and check out the noise (added)..

3 - why is Gabor's shot darker thqan the other three when the projector is calibrated..

4 - look at the larger picture on the left rear wall and check out the purity in the WHITE that goes around the edge of the picture..

5 - Now let's see what happens when I also SHARPEN the image using the CROP software. Pay close attention to the previous things mentioned (1 -4)..

Before Sharpened:

After Sharpening:

Shots were also slightly defocused last night before posting..

Last edited by mp20748; 03-22-2019 at 04:55 AM.
post #487 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I recommend you to get another camera Mike, your picture compared to the rest look strange.

And you still don't understand how to download the picture correct i'll understand.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-22-2019 at 04:45 AM.
post #488 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I will say here that the Sony and the Marquee picture don't have much difference in the picture, actually look like the CRT picture is sharper in details. So I guess adjusted to preferences compared to the CRT. The Jvc picture look more natural sharp to the screencap on my monitor, and actually look less processed than the others. But this is only differences in the cameras. I have to say that I like the screencap here bestl, even if it look some boring. Would be fun to have all on the same screen and camera present . adjusted equal. But a nice picture war

post #489 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
I recommend you to get another camera Mike, your picture compared to the rest look strange.

And you still don't understand how to download the picture correct i'll understand.

Ok, but I would also recommend that you stop altering other peoples shots and be mindful that I also know how you did that (same software).

And would learn that's it's real easy for certain people to be able to detect when shots have been altered. How many times have I mentioned that I've seen it all over the years. And for you to have been a round a little while, it's shocking that you're still using old image manipulation tricks..

I must say how bold it was of you to down rez my image from 97KB to 52KB..

Last edited by mp20748; 03-22-2019 at 06:10 AM.
post #490 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Why don't you use the Canon power shot Mike? That is your best camera with the least distortion.
What kind of PC monitor are you evaluate the pictures on ?

And finally you still don't understand how to download correct.

post #491 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Why don't you use the Canon power shot Mike? That is your best camera with the least distortion.
What kind of PC monitor are you evaluate the pictures on ?

DJ, if this was that important to me I would take a few minutes and better dial things in. Plus there is just too much image manipulation going on here. Don't forget that same shot I pointed out to you from the digital projector, I saw where you posted that PJ sent you a message also saying it was not a good image:

Quote:
But you see also like you wrote to me that the first X500 picture was not good. The filter in front of the lens did stuff that did not look good....

And we know that was not a filter problem. You have a tendency to sharpen the images, as well, you have also been degrading them. This is not something you can continue to hide.

But this will all come out in the wash, as you continue to promote what Kurt send you. And outside of Kurt, no one with those mods will post a shot from their projector here. that's NOT going to happen, though I'm sure Kurt will send them a shot to post, but based on what I've been hearing and is obvious. The Gabor mods still has a way to go. Just remember for a moment maybe a few month or less ago when Kurt was posting from the same Mods in his projector. Think about your findings when you kept pointing out that he was using sharpening. What do you think has happened since then?

Kurt's concealed presence here is enough for me to not post, and or to ask AVS why they are allowing it to happen. And I'm sure I can give them more reasons for it to not happen. But I'd rather for now let you guys continue, and peep in on the show from time to time and see how long it's going to take before there is a big blow up between your all. Which is a common practice with this guy and it'll always happen when things don't go his way. I'll start marking the calendar to see how long this thread will continue between the two sides without discord. With you sharpening and Kurt also sharpening, where would this all lead to one day.

So count me out.. I'll much rather watch this Reality Show and see what happens next. And simply ask you to think about how many times in the past has there been a blow up between you and Kurt, or do you think things have changed..

Dude, I have medical documentation that goes back to 2015, when a medical team put me on a new medication that literally changed my life. And it was confirmed last Monday that I have been permanently disabled as a result. During that time and some time after I had been thrashed, insulted, lied on and had become a victim of a heinous crime. And here there is a thread were the victimize is riding in an invisible vehicle on a forum where he is banned and maybe have been banned more than 50 times.

Never-mind guys, I rather move on..

Last edited by mp20748; 03-22-2019 at 06:37 AM.
post #492 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Is really better that you move on.

This last post from you, when writing old fun here, that is not relevant anymore in 2019 also have nothing to do in this thread and you should delete it ...
I delete this post when done.
ask4me2 likes this.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-22-2019 at 07:43 AM.
post #493 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
Ok, but I would also recommend that you stop altering other peoples shots and be mindful that I also know how you did that (same software).

And would learn that's it's real easy for certain people to be able to detect when shots have been altered. How many times have I mentioned that I've seen it all over the years. And for you to have been a round a little while, it's shocking that you're still using old image manipulation tricks..

I must say how bold it was of you to down rez my image from 97KB to 52KB..

Please explain what you know about that picture altering process and what Dj Dee is doing with that software you also are using.

I also wold like to know where you get these 97KB and 52KB file sizes from.
post #494 of 494 Old 03-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Mentioned: 434 Post(s)
Quoted: 1680 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
No more. You guys need to find a new site. Keep it up here and you'll all be removed permanently.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page