Marquee technician near Charlotte, NC ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Per Johnny

post #1 of 5 Old 06-10-2018, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Marquee technician near Charlotte, NC ?

I'm hopefully moving near Charlotte, NC by the end of the year.

I have a Marquee 9500 LC with 2509 tube hours, that I'd like to take and set up there. But only if there will be someone in the area to help me set it up and that can help me do future repairs.

I probably should have sold this 5 years ago, when I had to take it off my ceiling when I sold my house (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/16-crt...k-digital.html). It's been in storage since then, and I've been really missing the picture quality compared to the Sony VPL-HW40ES I've been using instead.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-11-2018, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 89
5 years ago you would have gotten maybe 2-3 grand for it. Today it is near worthless.

Sure it will provide a good picture if u get it up and running again, but it is worth it?

It depends on how big your screen wil be also.

A modern JVC (no more than 2 year old), will properly set-up give you a much better picture. Remember a JVC must be set-up and calibrated by skilled person also, it is no problem to get a JVC looking bad also. (It changes a lot the first 200-300 hours, this have to be taken into account when set-up, no calibrations before that time has gone, and the calibrator much know how to get the best out of the JVC).

There is no short-cut to picture nirvana.
audvid likes this.

Per Johnny

Last edited by Per Johnny; 06-12-2018 at 11:41 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-12-2018, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Get your crt setup. Paid for and throws a great image even compared to the latest digitals. I have no idea what I will do when the Barco 909 fails but guess I will just fix it as long as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-13-2018, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Craig Rounds out of Chicago is about your only pro setup guy left. CRT is completely a DIY thing, all the former techs are out of the game. My website below has a bunch of info on it, as well as the manuals.
Cheers!

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #5 of 5 Old 06-17-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKlenk View Post
I'm hopefully moving near Charlotte, NC by the end of the year.

I have a Marquee 9500 LC with 2509 tube hours, that I'd like to take and set up there. But only if there will be someone in the area to help me set it up and that can help me do future repairs.

I probably should have sold this 5 years ago, when I had to take it off my ceiling when I sold my house (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/16-cr...k-digital.html). It's been in storage since then, and I've been really missing the picture quality compared to the Sony VPL-HW40ES I've been using instead.

Thanks in advance!
I came back to view this forum, after many years. I had owned the 9800lc for about 10+ years - bought it for $20,000 - I think in 1999 and sold it for $1000, about 8 years ago. I mean no disrespect for those people who still like their CRTs but I agree with Per Johnny. You need to discard the 9800 and get a new projector - almost any one of the new projectors are far superior - probably even a $1000 epson or almost any low end new projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page