Sony VPH-1252Q 8" CRT projector FREE to Chicago home - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-10-2020, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We're moving away from our big apartment and I finally got this bad boy off the ceiling. It's sitting here waiting for someone who just loves fiddling with the focus on the lenses and adjusting all the little buttons. Are you the next Guy Kuo or Curt Palme?

I came up with a way of mounting it to the ceiling using two pieces of unistrut vertically, and two pieces horizontally connected with threaded rod and cup nuts, and I'll toss in all of that and the remote.

It just has to go to somewhere and I don't want to set it out in the alley.

I absolutely positively cannot ship this anywhere I don't have a box for it.

If you're in the Chicago area and have always wanted to play with an 8" CRT projector, this is your opportunity. People, they're trying to sell this for three or four hundred dollars on eBay, and I just want somebody to love this unit as much as my wife and I have for the last 32 years. We bought it for $1,900 when it only had a thousand hours on it and we put maybe put 2,000 hours on it. There is no burn in on any of the CRTs, we never watch sports or TV on it, only movies. It was the centerpiece of our home theater and we won't we have any place to put it in their new location.

Please give this puppy a good home. It is paper trained, and has to be gone this week. If you pick it up we'll be wearing masks, and I will help you with it down the stairs.

You need this, you know you do.

Last edited by equipoise; 05-10-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2020, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Nobody? I have put this working projector in the alley? I have the service manual for it and everything.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-13-2020, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Sad, I know.... I finally parted out a 9" NEC 10PG a few years ago. Other than a Sony G90 arguably the best CRT picture ever. Had the factory box, manuals remotes, everything. Tried and tried but I couldn't even give away the 225 lb beast. Found someone who needed the c-elements and a couple boards. Couldn't even give away the zero-wear tubes. Broke my heart. :-(

I'm finding that I'm smarter than I thought, but dumber than I need to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-14-2020, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

I guess that's the sad truth. I certainly got my money's worth out of it, and now it'll be picked up by a junkman. My next home projector will be a tiny digital one.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2020, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Farewell beloved friend

We bought you used in 1988 with fewer than a thousand hours on you for $1,900 from Hoover Brothers audio/visual in Kansas City.

We used you once or twice a month for more than 30 years, only putting a couple more thousand hours on you.

We absolutely got more than $2,000 worth of enjoyment out of you, but I feel heartbroken setting you out in the alley, an ignominious end for such a good and true friend.

Last edited by equipoise; 05-14-2020 at 09:42 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2020, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Rip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200514_112310644_1589474120521.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	4.89 MB
ID:	2726178  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-14-2020, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Since I last posted it has been picked up from the alley, and will be torn apart into its component bits by a junk scrapper. Oh well. Rest well, faithful servant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page