Screenshot War!!!!!!!! - Page 208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 233Likes

post #6211 of 6302 Old 02-27-2019, 11:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
I wish you could arrive at my door with your JVC, so I could show you what dynamics and ansi is really all about. And do so without it being calibrated. Check out the gain the beast is putting out, while at the same time check out the black in one of the shots, the hair beads, etc.

I put it in Rock and Roll mode just for you..
Hehe, I wish to.

Out of the box its quit good. But to get out the little extra a calibrated is needed.

This is polite said, it will be like comparing VHS to UHD Blueray, will you see the difference?
Black will be better in absolutely everything in film on the JVC. Total fade to black your marquee will look some better. So one win out of one million.
It don't need Rock and Roll mode, on it hehe.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio

Last edited by Dj Dee; 02-27-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Black will be better in absolutely everything in film on the JVC. Total fade to black your marquee will look some better. So one win out of one million.
It don't need Rock and Roll mode, on it hehe.

I'm curious. Take these shots below and let us see how they look in comparison to that Super High ANSI JVC you own. I'm just curious to see that the only performance difference will be fade to black, where this particular marquee will look some better..

once more before I dial things in better...

post #6213 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm curious. Take these shots below and let us see how they look in comparison to that Super High ANSI JVC you own. I'm just curious to see that the only performance difference will be fade to black, where this particular marquee will look some better..

once more before I dial things in better...
I can do that, but seriously to you think or joking when saying a old Marquee can match in any way a new digital? Because it is not possible. But can look great.

And I read back from 2009 thats 10 years ago.

Maybe you should join everyone else who has been actually reading the captions to my post, where I've made it clear that the geometry has not been touched, and I've also recently indicated that I"M NOT going to touch the geometry until I finish the room.

Is your room finished now or the same?

And this:
That ringing I might look into. One that that got me thinking of doing it is that I have a few HDM's here that it varies on. I want to look at why there's a difference between them. And I'm also thinking of shortening the yoke wires.

You have now trid for 10 years where are you now compared to then?

And looking at the pictures back 10 years ago, have to say that they look better.?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6214 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can do that, but seriously to you think or joking when saying a old Marquee can match in any way a new digital? Because it is not possible. But can look great.

And I read back from 2009 thats 10 years ago.

Maybe you should join everyone else who has been actually reading the captions to my post, where I've made it clear that the geometry has not been touched, and I've also recently indicated that I"M NOT going to touch the geometry until I finish the room.

Is your room finished now or the same?

And this:
That ringing I might look into. One that that got me thinking of doing it is that I have a few HDM's here that it varies on. I want to look at why there's a difference between them. And I'm also thinking of shortening the yoke wires.

You have now trid for 10 years where are you now compared to then?

And looking at the pictures back 10 years ago, have to say that they look better.?

A lot of things need correcting or attention, with the ringing being greatly improved. And I will dial things in a little better when you get on board with your JVC..

Anyway, let's see what the JVC can do. Being modern and new technology in comparison, it should easily out shine my old and out dated CRT technology. So let's just see how many miles better your JVC would be in comparison..
post #6215 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't think I will, when watching and comparing your images to the screencap.

post #6216 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't think I will, when watching and comparing your images to the screencap.

I didn't ask you to post the screencaps. But you can use the caps for source. I want to see what it looks like after it has projected onto your screen and then from the camera.

The BD is 1920X1080 these are: 1,280px × 720px (scaled to 1,114px × 627px)

Last edited by mp20748; 02-28-2019 at 09:20 AM.
post #6217 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Can you post the same shots, in JPEG. I can't get PNG to show in my BD players
post #6218 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
PNG is a lossless compression file format and JPG is a lossy compression file format...

Some of the difference nicely illustrated with this one

Are you shure your BD palyer do not support PNG?

If not, It may be a good investment to get a BD player that support PNG when using the setup quite often taking screens shots..?
post #6219 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4me2 View Post
PNG is a lossless compression file format and JPG is a lossy compression file format...

Some of the difference nicely illustrated with this one

Are you shure your BD palyer do not support PNG?

If not, It may be a good investment to get a BD player that support PNG when using the setup quite often taking screens shots..?

Thanks for this. When I put the USB into the slot the menu shows PJEG and something else, but not PNG. I agree, PNG would be my better, and it's what's usually used with Logos and such.

I have a few more I'll check to see if they can do PNG. And if I'm able to use the Caps, there's an easier and wider selection to concerning them..
post #6220 of 6302 Old 02-28-2019, 11:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

None of my BD players handles PNG in USB..

But thought I'd post a few from an older but kinda of top of their line at the time. And for some reason they seem to have more red push using this BD player

Last edited by mp20748; 03-01-2019 at 04:13 AM.
post #6221 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I found this picture of a CRT "Marquee" on the same picture you posted.

1. Give me a explanation why your picture Mike look like it does.
2. Why do you use a camera that look like you have massive processing in the image, when I know you don't add any. Have you checked the settings in your players?

Here you see your picture the left one and the right one a correct adjusted Marquee CRT that I downloaded from the net. So why you get so totally off on everything in your pictures are a mystery to me.

post #6222 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If you don't see that you have huge amount of errors in your pictures I hope you see now.

You can also check with the screencaps posted.

This is a screenshot war and here you got bombed massive Mike.

post #6223 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here some of my 1080P JVC X500 compared to your Marquee any contest?
I hope that you see that you don't hit one single color point at all. Your photo look edited black and white old film from 1930

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-01-2019 at 12:36 PM.
post #6224 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey DJ, once again I asked you to post shots from your setup. I want to see what your setup looks like and you keep wondering off into the wilderness.

You know already how just plain dumb I find your comparisons here. Think about it. What exactly are you comparing, the two different cameras used, or just the projectors. If projectors, how do you qualify the use of two totally different cameras, which within themselves being in the equation, puts this kind of comparison in the No Useful Purpose category.

Plus you and I both know where that shot came from, and that it is just like the rest have been enhanced to some degree. Plus, your comparison is still not show it being superior, it only shows the colors are more accurate to the source. Detail, no. But that's irrelevant, because the comparison itself is ridiculous.
post #6225 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey DJ, once again I asked you to post shots from your setup. I want to see what your setup looks like and you keep wondering off into the wilderness.

You know already how just plain dumb I find your comparisons here. Think about it. What exactly are you comparing, the two different cameras used, or just the projectors. If projectors, how do you qualify the use of two totally different cameras, which within themselves being in the equation, puts this kind of comparison in the No Useful Purpose category.

Plus you and I both know where that shot came from, and that it is just like the rest have been enhanced to some degree. Plus, your comparison is still not show it being superior, it only shows the colors are more accurate to the source. Detail, no. But that's irrelevant, because the comparison itself is ridiculous.
Ok so whats your agenda in this screenshot war?, I gave you a war like the thread is for,, beat the picture. Use your best camera then. And throw this one you used on this shot.

This is my setup right now JVC X500, JVC NX9, and the Epson 9400 have it for testing and a calibration.

Here some shots before I put the Epson up, you see it laying on the floor.

What about your setup, Hey Mike, post shots from your setup I like to see.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-01-2019 at 01:20 PM.
post #6226 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok so whats your agenda in this screenshot war?, I gave you a war like the thread is for,, beat the picture. Use your best camera then. And throw this one you used on this shot

The whole thing about a real screenshot war is somewhat not possible here, and most know that. You on the other hand, try and write rules by posting really senseless means of judging or determining something. and for some reason, you're not understanding how ridiculous it is to post shots in comparison the way you do, meaning also when you do close ups to show detail. It's not possible to do a fair comparison that way.

Once more, The "screenshot" term was originally introduced to most of us going abck to when INFOCOMM was the Show place for Commercial equipment. It was an annual show setup once a year at various cities in the US. I'm not aware of it being outside of the US, but it was the THING back in the day.

And to give you why thus thread can never be a real screenshot thread is support in the original system they used at the INFOCOMM shows back in the 80's and maybe 90's...

Where there was a huge room in a convention center or hotel. That each of the projector manufacturers had a table and screen other support to setup and show what their projector looked like. But here is the KEY thing then and would need to be the case for any real shootout. The INFOCOMM method supplied a video feed from a video distribution matrix to each of the projectors around the room. Meaning that each projector got the same source feed. And they also used a INFOMM SHOOTOUT CD for the source. So with that being said, you MUST have the same source going into the projector. The lighting in these rooms were usually low, where it applied to every setup in the room. And when it was all setup and ready, the companies could see what each projector looked like. So they were judged based on the image, and when something was special, it was obvious, because the best setups always had the crowd watching them.

And I know this will not set right for you, because you're set in your ways on this. But scientifically there would have to be the same source or shared source, and no cameras involved between the screen and the eyes.

So your insistence to bring quality to zooming and cut and pasting as a means of comparing just does not hold up to technical merit.

Or you could could go back to how Cliff and I had been posting in the thread, and that would be to just post your shots and let other judge based on what they see. The camera and the source being different makes the whole thing nothing more than something to do. What we post here can never tell a full or real story of the setup. It can ONLY be used as an idea of what the setup can do.

And even if I used my best camera, it will never really capture what's on my screen.

Quote:
I can't, I put potting material all over everything..

Last edited by mp20748; 03-01-2019 at 02:37 PM.
post #6227 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I can't, I put potting material all over everything..

.[/QUOTE]

What??? I put potting material all over hehe
Don't take this personal or the wrong way Mike, I just tell you that in here,, like it is "screenshot war" Not just posting for pleasure and no meaning. I posted some shots form a CRT and also a digital the X500. So it could be a fight.
I can fix more, but I don't see why, when I clearly show my photos posted here that is extremely much better in all aspects in the photo, I hope you see this to.

Give me the same picture with all your cameras and I help you exclue in the future which camera you don't want to use anymore for screenshots. Let the fun begin

post #6228 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 03:14 PM

I am not familiar with the term "potting material" Mike, please explain before I get the wrong pictures in my head...

When you write about the INFOCOMM and use that to explain the term screenshot, then I wonder how many of the ones that have posted pictures in this thread have that same opinion.
It also do not explain all of your pictures posted here to show how good your projector is performing?

Think DJ Dee is sowing us some real good screenshots from digitals and CRTs, that look very close to the source. That is also one very nice benefit of using that BD capture as a reference.

I do also think I recognize that CRT used for these pictures, and if I am correct, that is a very good setup that manages to generate screenshots real close to the source and with lots of details.

Last edited by ask4me2; 03-01-2019 at 03:30 PM.
post #6229 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Guys, here is a nugget concerning screenshots. The ONLY way to determine what a projector can do is to post many shots at once.

The source on my Baraka BD is very different from the caps source. So how can you say which one is the correct source?

I downloaded the same shot and converted it to JPEG. It went from being a 1meg file down to 300k after conversion, so I left it alone. The BD shot coming out of the player has more detail than the cap, and that would explain the darkness shown or black, that's not showing in the cap.

I like the BD version better, because it surely has more and better detail.

Potting material is a glue looking substance used to conceal proprietary work done in electronics and used on PC boards to cover that same work.

Funny thing though, the people who post single shots that are so different from what they have been posting, seem to never post random shots or groups...hmm and the same people who also has the same boards, never post shots it seems. One would think they would be posting more or posting period, whereas Greg is the only one who does post various shots. But his setup looks like an ECP3100
post #6230 of 6302 Old 03-01-2019, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hey DJ answer this for me:
How did my originally posted shot go from a file size of 127,2KB to what you had posted it as: 703,43KB..

Wow..from 127KB to 700KB. That is some SERIOUS mucked up stuff going on there..

I ask because looking back at this so-called comparison, I saw a ton of noise and processing that is not in my original (I have to use this word here) file posted previously, to it being altered or processed as the file sizing proves and drastically increased in file size. And do you think that even if a had approved of the comparison, that the file should have been unaltered or left in its original form?

You do know that once you resize and/or alter a file you will drastically affect the original nature of the image also degrade it. As well, that when the hosting service resizes the image it looses dynamic content thru that process. And is another reason why these shots cannot (as I've always have been saying) be used to determine the true nature of anything. My well known words are: "they can only give an idea"

and again, do you think if I would have approved of the comparison, that it should not have been done by someone who I have challenged to simply post the same shots from their setup (and won't) or someone that is trying to prove that my shots look worse, before they were even posted.

You got some explaining to do..

Oh dang, how did the JVC5000 get in this, when my previous request asked for shots from an G90 and your setup..

You popped up on the scene a few years ago with you oddball way of proving things, when this thread had been in place for more than a decade, yet you forget that if you look back through the history of the thread, you'll easily see that you were not the first person to try this.....yep... Again, "the source MUST be the same" and in this case you cannot resize and/or process and get a fair outcome. And with mine being resized to the other. Be mindful that you have ALWAYS argued that MP does not use processing. How did it get there then..

Last edited by mp20748; 03-02-2019 at 12:44 AM.
post #6231 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Guys, here is a nugget concerning screenshots. The ONLY way to determine what a projector can do is to post many shots at once.
I do see some logic in that some how, but lets face it, no chain is not stronger that its weakest link. there may also be some truth to “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

So let say the camera and/or picture viewing monitor is not up to the task of showing whats on the projector screen, then we can post as many pictures we like and never be able to show the full quality of the projector. In your case with the screenshots, i do not know what or where the the weakest link is, but in the way the pictures looks different from the source, changing over the years etc. it may be a sort of a system failure caused by some reluctance to measure and calibrate when it comes to colors, and using the correct photo equipment so the picture files looks so over sharpened. (also when downloading the original pictures you upload to the image sharing site)

Quote:
The source on my Baraka BD is very different from the caps source. So how can you say which one is the correct source?
Only one that do not understand what a caps source is compared to the BD can say something like that. Ok, when we play the BD and get 24 frames each second we get a different situation, but photo screenshots when the BD is paused and the correctly used cap is the same as that particular paused BD frame they have to be identical by them self.

Quote:
I downloaded the same shot and converted it to JPEG. It went from being a 1meg file down to 300k after conversion, so I left it alone. The BD shot coming out of the player has more detail than the cap, and that would explain the darkness shown or black, that's not showing in the cap.

I like the BD version better, because it surely has more and better detail.

Yes when you converted the captured PNG shot to JPEG, you add a lossy compression to the loop and reduces the picture quality. Nothing strange about that.

Quote:
Potting material is a glue looking substance used to conceal proprietary work done in electronics and used on PC boards to cover that same work.
Ahh that was good of you to point out, i was a moment afraid is was more in term "When the sh*t hits the fan" area, and did not want to go there.

I think DJ Dee's projector setup and home cinema looks very good and perfect for someone with the interest for projectors. The only sad part is that there is not enough space and throwing distance for his Cine9 in that room.

Here is my rather small G90 CRT room by the way

Quote:
Funny thing though, the people who post single shots that are so different from what they have been posting, seem to never post random shots or groups...hmm and the same people who also has the same boards, never post shots it seems. One would think they would be posting more or posting period, whereas Greg is the only one who does post various shots. But his setup looks like an ECP3100
If you do some search on the internet, you may find other threads with more random CRT groups of shots from other modded Marquees. Think Greg have a nice 9" CRT setup too, but think some of his camera work sometimes work against him...

Last edited by ask4me2; 03-02-2019 at 01:55 AM.
post #6232 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

*Mike we can take many shots, but this is easy, and you don't understand what I have done. I have compared your picture to another picture side by side so you can see how off you are.

*You say I like the BD version better, because it surely has more and better detail. If you get different something in your setup is ****ed up.

*Why I post one at a time, is to evaluate the photo not your CRT. Posting a bounce like you do is also okey, but let us be finished with one before you start another.

*Greg at another forum is similar to you in quality of the photos. From horrible to great. Here it comes down to camera knowledge and understanding.

* You say: I downloaded the same shot and converted it to JPEG. It went from being a 1meg file down to 300k after conversion, so I left it alone. The BD shot coming out of the player has more detail than the cap, and that would explain the darkness shown or black, that's not showing in the cap.
This is because you don't know how to convert it correct.

* You say: and again, do you think if I would have approved of the comparison, that it should not have been done by someone who I have challenged to simply post the same shots from their setup (and won't) or someone that is trying to prove that my shots look worse, before they were even posted.
This doesn't prove your setup is horrible, just give a indication. And for shore I can see away from your calibration. But not everything in a picture lie. I for shore dont hope that the picture you posted look anything close on screen. If it does your CRT is totally screwed or messed up.

* You say: You got some explaining to do..

I will say you have a understanding problem of what is done and how things shall be done.

* You say :Oh dang, how did the JVC5000 get in this, when my previous request asked for shots from an G90 and your setup..
First of all its a X500 a older model than the X5000. So you understand more easy if I used DVD instead of Blueray I will match your images posted easy on every aspect. And the X500 I can use for tests and shots, and you have to understand when you take shots of a uncalibrated setup, it will effect everything in your CRT, and might even get much worse than a original unmodded one.

post #6233 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 01:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Blu Ray 1080P > Moome FullHD > Marquee 9500LC Ultra

Look at this shots form 10 years ago, they are way more correct than the one you post today why?.

post #6234 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 02:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mike does this in any way mess with your picture?

This is basic understanding. yes or no

post #6235 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 03:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Look at this shots form 10 years ago, they are way more correct than the one you post today why?.

Why do you keep asking this same question, when the answer has has made clear over and over. My boards are still in the [email protected] process, where as I keep saying over and over, it is difficult to calibrate because of the gain amplifier I've been working on. What is it with your "this one looks correct" comments, when it's been clear the projector is not calibrated.

And your consistent I don't understand. No you are the one without understanding, and that is proved every time you do senseless comparisons and your pursuit to bring a science to comparing shots that has only the image itself in common. Why can't you understand how technically ridiculous that is. And it's not just you, no one would be able to bring truthfulness out of this foolishness that we refer to as Screenshots. At what point will you get this?

These baseless procedures (would be the right word) you persistently perform are are a total waste of time, and could never amount to anything worthwhile mainly because different makes and models of the camera.

Quote:
Mike does this in any way mess with your picture?

Sure it does, and it can be seen that there is a resolution difference. Whenever you resize and image, you degrade it. But the shot moved up in size from the original in your comparison shots, with these last ones being the same file size.

Last edited by mp20748; 03-02-2019 at 03:58 AM.
post #6236 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Why do you keep asking this same question, when the answer has has made clear over and over. My boards are still in the [email protected] process, where as I keep saying over and over, it is difficult to calibrate because of the gain amplifier I've been working on. What is it with your "this one looks correct" comments, when it's been clear the projector is not calibrated.
If these boards is still in the Research and Development state after all these years...., how do you even evaluate them and the gain amplification... if you do not measure light output, contrast, grayscale and calibrate the projector?

You have a plan to use your mods to make the projector look better than its original state is it not?

The best way may been to have a correctly calibrated reference projector to do some fast switching between to see the changes in the modded projectors picture in real life on the screen.
Using our eyes with no reference and using our picture memory longer than only some seconds to evaluate this is just as bad as using a random digital camera....

When it comes to the way DJ Dee is testing your pictures, I agree that it is not 100% the correct way of doing this using scaling and lossy formats etc, but when the sharpness and processing errors in your original posted pictures is at this magnitude, I think DJ Dee's methods look perfectly fine and good enough to make all the points he want to show.
post #6237 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Lightbulb

Quote:

And your consistent I don't understand. No you are the one without understanding, and that is proved every time you do senseless comparisons and your pursuit to bring a science to comparing shots that has only the image itself in common. Why can't you understand how technically ridiculous that is. And it's not just you, no one would be able to bring truthfulness out of this foolishness that we refer to as Screenshots. At what point will you get this?

These baseless procedures (would be the right word) you persistently perform are are a total waste of time, and could never amount to anything worthwhile mainly because different makes and models of the camera.

Sure it does, and it can be seen that there is a resolution difference. Whenever you resize and image, you degrade it. But the shot moved up in size from the original in your comparison shots, with these last ones being the same file size.
I rest my case with this and your answer, so you know its just the same image 100% , Just corped away the black bars, no difference in your picture quality what so ever.. Your image is not downsized, just removed the black. I guess you don't mean that the black removed around your image will do anything, . ITS NOT RESIZED, JUST LIKE I SAID YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS DONE.
Move forwards.

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-02-2019 at 07:34 AM.
post #6238 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4me2 View Post
When it comes to the way DJ Dee is testing your pictures, I agree that it is not 100% the correct way of doing this using scaling and lossy formats etc, but when the sharpness and processing errors in your original posted pictures is at this magnitude, I think DJ Dee's methods look perfectly fine and good enough to make all the points he want to show.

Comical.. considering DJ has always said that my images DOES NOT HAVE PROCESSING or at times MIKE DOES NOT USE PROCESSING..

And this, when it comes to the exact same person who he is comparing the shots to: YOUR SHOTS HAVE PROCESSING..

And look back over the many post that substantiate this. To all of a sudden, my shots are loaded with Processing..

Gus stop making this stuff up. just think about the many times DJ has mentioned how clean my shots are and that I don't use processing, to include letting the other person know he has a lot of Processing in his shots. And not surprised at all, because neither of you ever root any of you testing into science or anything that makes sense.

You have posted a total contradiction, from what is already known as FACT.

Quote:
I agree that it is not 100% the correct way of doing this using scaling and lossy formats etc

Brilliant and true to your mindset. Agreeing that's it's not the correct way, and then saying it should be OK under the circumstances, makes zero sense. But since you are being consistent here with convoluted answers, I say I should be a little more understanding that your motives/emotions are more driving here than science or logic, sure it some kinda make sense, but maybe not perfect sense, but maybe enough sense to use to make a point that's pointless... OK, I think I got this figured out..

When one is sincere (honest) in posting they will stick with the original way we have been posting in this thread. That is to post a batch of shots at once. That way the setup can be viewed from various perspectives. We had found out that most of the single shot posting has been, shots that has been enhanced or those out of a 100 batch that look good enough to use.

And here is the real killer on this one. DJ has pointed out consistently in the past that the other person uses a lot of processing, and have made it clear constantly that MP does not. With DJ suddenly doing a 180 flip, the bigger problem is not my newly developed means of making my shots sharper, when I'm 100% against it, to us finally seeing that the other person no longer uses processing. Boy what a coincident here.

And what was going on in my compared shot when it had gained over 500KB in file size, yet it was converted to a smaller image.. He never answered that one..

Anyways guys, have fun. But in your doing so be respectful to not use others images for the sole purpose of trying to make the person look bad. Because that's all this amounts to.

And one last thing, if you knew what to look for even my modified, compromised and manipulated shot still handled resolution better. The other shot appears slightly sharper, but definitely did not do a better job resolution wise. That is why the shot version I'm using has the darker and slightly different colors of shades.

MP is using processing and has noise in his images...so ignore everything in the past when DJ Dee posted that my shots were very clean or clean.
post #6239 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mike do what I ask you post the same picture with all your cameras.
Just this one.
This is the reference. This is how it shall look, this is what you shall see.
And I really hope that you don't see it like you show it. If that's the case you shall remove all your modifications and start over, or get someone elses mods.

post #6240 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mike do what I ask you post the same picture with all your cameras.
Just this one.
This is the reference. This is how it shall look, this is what you shall see.
And I really hope that you don't see it like you show it. If that's the case you shall remove all your modifications and start over, or get someone elses mods.

And why would I join in on trying to duplicate the source as it is, when that's not something I can make happen because I cannot properly calibrate my setup..

Can you explain what has already happened, and that is how did my copied file gain more than 500KB during the process from a 127KB file.

Since I can't do your comparison, let's do first thing first. answer that question for me, since that is the first time I've seen that happen.

DJ won't you find something really worthwhile to waste your time on. Screenshot should never be seen as something to get serious about. Only to not use others postings as a means to degrade anyone...learn to see this as a fun thread instead, and stop wasting your time on absolutely worthless discussions about nothing..

This thread can NEVER be a means for evaluate a setup, so stop it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page