Screenshot War!!!!!!!! - Page 209 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 233Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
post #6241 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Member
 
ask4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
And what was going on in my compared shot when it had gained over 500KB in file size, yet it was converted to a smaller image.. He never answered that one..
Ok MP you may or may not understand lots of things, but if I read you correctly, there is one big clue here of whats going on viewing this picture that you see gaining file size but is reduced in size.

Have you ever heard about scale to fit or know about how these forum pages via coding automatically fit pictures among the text etc.? There is lots of automatically scaling on pictures on sites like this because they want them to look good when different screen sizes and resolutions is used with them. I guess your PC is automatically re-scaling the view of the picture so it fits the screen resolution and size, and that is what you see here?

To get around this, you need to open these picture and choose to view them at their native resolution and size. Please try that before you go any further with your accusations about who is lacking the knowledge etc.

When it comes to processing or not in our CRT setups and screenshot pictures, it often about where in the chain the processing is done, and if there is some additional processing going on.

I think your CRT setup have very little processing other than whats happens in your BD player and/or the D/A moome card, when you get the projected picture you see on the screen. There need to be some processing like the chroma upsampling from the 4:2:0 format saved on the disk etc, but the processing DJ Dee is talking about, i think must be for your camera, when we looks closer at the pictures.

The bad form of processing we are talking about, starts when your camera expose the picture on the chip, debayer and saves/compress it to a Jpg file. Cameras often have some settings for resolution and picture quality and compression that work on the file size you get out of the camera. Cameras often have different modes where there is different amount of processing etc.
Dj Dee likes this.
ask4me2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6242 of 6302 Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4me2 View Post
Ok MP you may or may not understand lots of things, but if I read you correctly, there is one big clue here of whats going on viewing this picture that you see gaining file size but is reduced in size.

Have you ever heard about scale to fit or know about how these forum pages via coding automatically fit pictures among the text etc.? There is lots of automatically scaling on pictures on sites like this because they want them to look good when different screen sizes and resolutions is used with them. I guess your PC is automatically re-scaling the view of the picture so it fits the screen resolution and size, and that is what you see here?

To get around this, you need to open these picture and choose to view them at their native resolution and size. Please try that before you go any further with your accusations about who is lacking the knowledge etc.

When it comes to processing or not in our CRT setups and screenshot pictures, it often about where in the chain the processing is done, and if there is some additional processing going on.

I think your CRT setup have very little processing other than whats happens in your BD player and/or the D/A moome card, when you get the projected picture you see on the screen. There need to be some processing like the chroma upsampling from the 4:2:0 format saved on the disk etc, but the processing DJ Dee is talking about, i think must be for your camera, when we looks closer at the pictures.

The bad form of processing we are talking about, starts when your camera expose the picture on the chip, debayer and saves/compress it to a Jpg file. Cameras often have some settings for resolution and picture quality and compression that work on the file size you get out of the camera. Cameras often have different modes where there is different amount of processing etc.
For shore its the camera, I really hope so for Mike.

And 100% correct what you write here.
I only try to help him to post good pictures. And then he have to pick the camera that gives the best.
The camera used for the shot we talk about does a really ****ty job.
So I hope the take the time to do what I asked him.
Then im shore this picture will look better.

Also contrast and brightness in the projector need to be correct set. I have a feeling that he adjusts contrast in the projector also brightness before taking a shot.

By adjusting up or down brightness he elevates black or making blackcrush. With adjusting contrast away from the correct possession he burns out or to low killing dynamics.
It must be set correct before taking a picture. I read that form a earlier post that this is done.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-03-2019 at 12:39 AM.
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6243 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Member
 
ask4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Did watch a couple of movies on the G90 today, and did some screenshots from some BD caps i had from Baraka and Blues Brothers.













Per Johnny likes this.

Last edited by ask4me2; 03-03-2019 at 07:51 AM.
ask4me2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6244 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Member
 
ask4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
And Blues Brothes

























































ask4me2 is offline  
post #6245 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Boring movie no picture Ask4Me2?

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6246 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Member
 
ask4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Boring movie no picture Ask4Me2?
The Blues Brothers is one of my favorite movies, and did actually see "First Man" before I used the camera, and that was a nice movie experience too. The pictures is linked from postimage, and it looks like that site runs a little slow at the moment.

Last edited by ask4me2; 03-03-2019 at 09:45 AM.
ask4me2 is offline  
post #6247 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Per Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Asker/Oslo - Norway
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Boring movie no picture Ask4Me2?
You are so wrong. Best movies ever. Da sh.......t!!!!!

Per Johnny
Per Johnny is offline  
post #6248 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johnny View Post
You are so wrong. Best movies ever. Da sh.......t!!!!!
Did not mean the movie, at first there were no pictures. I just got black image. That's why I wrote boring movie. LOL

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6249 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4me2 View Post
Did watch a couple of movies on the G90 today, and did some screenshots from some BD caps i had from Baraka and Blues Brothers.














Great images. Very good.....

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6250 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Per Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Asker/Oslo - Norway
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Great images. Very good.....
Yeesss, I want my G90 back.

Per Johnny
Per Johnny is offline  
post #6251 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Member
 
thewolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The gravel pit, MP, does it look like to have the correct colors on screen then? Or this many colors as seen on your posts? I bet 10 to 1 your image on site does look like real brown pit it should look like. Your camera did a poor job on that one. If not, well then all your other images would look seriously strange too but they don't. No, that gravel pit has to be a camera thing or something else going on and not your genuine screen image. Have a good look at it and tell us.. brown of multiple colors?
thewolfman is offline  
post #6252 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfman View Post
The gravel pit, MP, does it look like to have the correct colors on screen then? Or this many colors as seen on your posts? I bet 10 to 1 your image on site does look like real brown pit it should look like. Your camera did a poor job on that one. If not, well then all your other images would look seriously strange too but they don't. No, that gravel pit has to be a camera thing or something else going on and not your genuine screen image. Have a good look at it and tell us.. brown of multiple colors?
If you Wonder what is correct look at the screencap.

The pictures taken by Ask4me2 to and the other picture I posted are both very good. And close to the source.

That’s also why I ask Mike to post this picture with all his different cameras.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6253 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Member
 
ask4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfman View Post
The gravel pit, MP, does it look like to have the correct colors on screen then? Or this many colors as seen on your posts? I bet 10 to 1 your image on site does look like real brown pit it should look like. Your camera did a poor job on that one. If not, well then all your other images would look seriously strange too but they don't. No, that gravel pit has to be a camera thing or something else going on and not your genuine screen image. Have a good look at it and tell us.. brown of multiple colors?
When we have the png file saved from the BD, it is quite easy to see how these picture shod look like. We need however to have a correct calibrated screen some were in that loop too.

Nice to see you in here again thewolfman.

How is your Marquee doing at the moment? If it is up and running it had been nice to see some screenshots from your setup and screen here too.
ask4me2 is offline  
post #6254 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Member
 
thewolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4me2 View Post
When we have the png file saved from the BD, it is quite easy to see how these picture shod look like. We need however to have a correct calibrated screen some were in that loop too.

Nice to see you in here again thewolfman.

How is your Marquee doing at the moment? If it is up and running it had been nice to see some screenshots from your setup and screen here too.

No, it is not up and running, I don't even have a OLED at the moment, waiting for the 2019 to arrive and if the price is right get a 77 inch one. A 65 just dones't get me an erektion so thought I'd calm down and save mean while to get the things I want. No monitor 65 inch for me.. It got to be at least 75 inch which only Samsung and LG can get me.

But, use my fellow MP parts guy in Finland to do my posting with oolder parts. He has my second unit parts I sold him and he is not shy at all to post, which will surprise you that colors can be correct too. Or closer then Before at least, as using Caps can be a Learning curve one needs to get thrue to get the caps you are posting. And may I say that your G90 hold up against any digital I ever seen. Colors are so Close to the real thing I want you over to calibrate mine for heavens sake, but, still under the livingroom table for the time being. But cleaning up the joint as we speak, Little by Little, to eventually get going hoisting my new Barcley 9518..
thewolfman is offline  
post #6255 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 12:00 PM
Member
 
thewolfman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
If you Wonder what is correct look at the screencap.

The pictures taken by Ask4me2 to and the other picture I posted are both very good. And close to the source.

That’s also why I ask Mike to post this picture with all his different cameras.

I know what the caps look like, and what the MP looks like, and no calibration is needed on this one.. if MP has the light Brown going on at his screen too, well then there is no need for a calibrated image, a gradually Brown gravel pit will do just fine, it will only look off by a Little, but far away from the one he has posted so far. Many many colors going on there that should only have basically dirt Brown in it. At various degrees of course. There is something wrong with his gravel shot and the real thing. If it is not then MP has a board flawed somewhere.
thewolfman is offline  
post #6256 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Member
 
ask4me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfman View Post
No, it is not up and running, I don't even have a OLED at the moment, waiting for the 2019 to arrive and if the price is right get a 77 inch one. A 65 just dones't get me an erektion so thought I'd calm down and save mean while to get the things I want. No monitor 65 inch for me.. It got to be at least 75 inch which only Samsung and LG can get me.

But, use my fellow MP parts guy in Finland to do my posting with oolder parts. He has my second unit parts I sold him and he is not shy at all to post, which will surprise you that colors can be correct too. Or closer then Before at least, as using Caps can be a Learning curve one needs to get thrue to get the caps you are posting. And may I say that your G90 hold up against any digital I ever seen. Colors are so Close to the real thing I want you over to calibrate mine for heavens sake, but, still under the livingroom table for the time being. But cleaning up the joint as we speak, Little by Little, to eventually get going hoisting my new Barcley 9518..
Hope you get your 77" Oled and the "Barcley 9518" up and running soon

Had been real nice to see some CRT screenshots from your fellow MP parts guy in Finland too. Hope he know about this tread and want to show us how some older MP modded parts can look like too.
ask4me2 is offline  
post #6257 of 6302 Old 03-03-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Spent the past hour or so doing a quick focus tweaking and also tried to do a quick color balance, but the gain stage is still a problem..







Last edited by mp20748; 03-03-2019 at 03:03 PM.
mp20748 is offline  
post #6258 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
If you don't see that you have huge amount of errors in your pictures I hope you see now.

You can also check with the screencaps posted.

This is a screenshot war and here you got bombed massive Mike.

I want to revisit this one here, and add something someone else pointed out to me on it.


Again, considering that you yourself has ALWAYS said I don't add or use enhancements. And you many comments that my shots are clean. How do you explain this, when you already know my shots are as I've been saying they are, CLEAN. How did the shot on the left end up with so much processing..


That is a terrible amount of processing and noise, considering my shots have always when checked out by you to be clean, when on the other hand, the other persons shots have ALWAYS checked out to you to be fake or have a lot of processing. Would I need to post what you've been sending me in PM's concerning the others persons shots, and you've even posted on this same thread (in the past) the same thing, to here recently saying something completely the opposite..


Have you also joined that "conspiracy" to "destroy me"


and according to the shot I posted on this that you used for comparison, it is a very low resolution shot (127KB). And what I'm told it was slanderous for you to use it in comparison at that files size. Beyond stupid really.



Yet, you post that you want to make my shots look better.. when I post a small batch of low resolution (but clean) shots, it presented an opportunity to show that someone else's shots are better, but that's the truth because it was an unfair comparison. When you were asked to post using your JVC, you instead decided to post using someone else shot to make mine look bad.


According to my messages from you and what you have been saying about both of our shots, the other person uses a lot of processing, while I never use processing ("MP never uses processing" DJ Dee)



I do want to point another thing out, and that is that you notice what I posted at the top of those group of shots this was taking from. Where it say "before I do a touch up"


And to also add, do you think it would have been a fair comparison knowing I have been just posting shots using any camera and have been making it clear that they are not the best... yet you pick from the lowest batch of shots I've posted to prove that I have a lot of processing in my shots, when you have consistently said just the opposite.


Let me know if you have joined the "conspiracy" because how else can you justify taking a 127KB JPEG file and convert it into a zoomed in 1,107.68KB file that was also converted into PNG, and then place it side-by-side to an actual 1,107KB file. And then point out the noise and distortions in my massively converted 127K file..

Last edited by mp20748; 03-04-2019 at 03:51 AM.
mp20748 is offline  
post #6259 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
I want to revisit this one here, and add something someone else pointed out to me on it.


Again, considering that you yourself has ALWAYS said I don't add or use enhancements. And you many comments that my shots are clean. How do you explain this, when you already know my shots are as I've been saying they are, CLEAN. How did the shot on the left end up with so much processing..


That is a terrible amount of processing and noise, considering my shots have always when checked out by you to be clean, when on the other hand, the other persons shots have ALWAYS checked out to you to be fake or have a lot of processing. Would I need to post what you've been sending me in PM's concerning the others persons shots, and you've even posted on this same thread (in the past) the same thing, to here recently saying something completely the opposite..


Have you also joined that "conspiracy" to "destroy me"


and according to the shot I posted on this that you used for comparison, it is a very low resolution shot (127KB). And what I'm told it was slanderous for you to use it in comparison at that files size. Beyond stupid really.



Yet, you post that you want to make my shots look better.. when I post a small batch of low resolution (but clean) shots, it presented an opportunity to show that someone else's shots are better, but that's the truth because it was an unfair comparison. When you were asked to post using your JVC, you instead decided to post using someone else shot to make mine look bad.


According to my messages from you and what you have been saying about both of our shots, the other person uses a lot of processing, while I never use processing ("MP never uses processing" DJ Dee)



I do want to point another thing out, and that is that you notice what I posted at the top of those group of shots this was taking from. Where it say "before I do a touch up"


And to also add, do you think it would have been a fair comparison knowing I have been just posting shots using any camera and have been making it clear that they are not the best... yet you pick from the lowest batch of shots I've posted to prove that I have a lot of processing in my shots, when you have consistently said just the opposite.


Let me know if you have joined the "conspiracy"

If you have read what I write. I say that you need to change camera, because the camera used here does many things to the image.
So the answer to your question: And you many comments that my shots are clean. How do you explain this, when you already know my shots are as I've been saying they are, CLEAN. How did the shot on the left end up with so much processing. Answer: I know you don't have any processing in your CRT or chain. But your camera does many things, so stop using that camera. So not stupid, just that you dont understand the purpose and the logic of this critic. Might be smart to start there and acept and try to understand.

And to destroy you, is your own words And conspiracy, that is also your own words. This will not earn me anything, so not interested to do any of this I only point out what I see, and talking about fact and logic to what I can see in your posted shots. This is your shots I talk about, not your CRT or your setup.

I just point out what I see, and try to help you get better to show good pictures. Look at the pictures from Ask4Me2. They look great. But that projector was calibrated by Per Jonny and me before Ask4Me2 got it.
And that will also help on all the aspects in the picture you get from the camera.

What I have done is to open your shot side by side with another shot zoomed inn and just taken a screencap. Just to illustrate. You can do the same thing, with same result as I.
And what I wrote that you got bombed massive is true when comparing the screenshot you posted, and will be with all the others also when using that camera.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6260 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Here you see what the camera do in your last posted shot. You can also get this if its a very small file, but then you see the pixels.
I know you don't have this on screen.
But its the camera adding stuff. That's why I say use another camera or test with different cameras.


Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio

Last edited by Dj Dee; 03-04-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6261 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
If you have read what I write. I say that you need to change camera.

This is beyond stupid..


The file size starts out after I post it on the forum, as 127KB... after you get finished messing it up, it ended up being 1,107KB that would be 8 times it's original size. pause right here and think about this. You can't see how the files size change would affect the image?


Are you trying to convince that your voodoo screenshot science allows you do anything whatever to a file and it not change the structure and quality of the image outcome?


And lets say, the camera was the issue, would it make sense to use a file from a camera that was used to capture an image and then put it in comparison to a shot you think the camera is OK, and then make this statement:


"If you don't see that you have huge amount of errors in your pictures I hope you see now"


Hey, but that is the same camera you gave thumbs up to a few pages back, to you now saying it needs to be replaced..





Why don't you stay away from trying to be Mr Magic the Screenshot expert and leave people images alone, since you won't except that you cannot make a science out of this foolishness.



Just leave the shots alone and stop letting people use you to make others shots look bad. Just leave the shots alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mp20748; 03-04-2019 at 04:35 AM.
mp20748 is offline  
post #6262 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Here you see what the camera do in your last posted shot.
I know you don't have this on screen.
But its the camera adding stuff. That's why I say use another camera or test with different cameras.

Can somebody try and explain to this guy that whenever you ZOOM in on an image especially to the degree that he does it the image WILL DISTORT. It will distort because yo are breaking up the true nature of the image..




Again, an originally posted JPEG image at 82K in size converted to a PNG 867K in size and then zoomed. and he says it's the camera............................

Last edited by mp20748; 03-04-2019 at 04:41 AM.
mp20748 is offline  
post #6263 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
Can somebody try and explain to this guy that whenever you ZOOM in on an image especially to the degree that he does it the image WILL DISTORT. It will distort because yo are breaking up the true nature of the image..




Again, an originally posted JPEG image at 82K in size converted to a PNG 867K in size and then zoomed. and he says it's the camera............................
Now you really need to cool down. What you write here just is just bull**** trust me.
So instead of making a complete fool out of yourselves stop.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6264 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
Can somebody try and explain to this guy that whenever you ZOOM in on an image especially to the degree that he does it the image WILL DISTORT. It will distort because yo are breaking up the true nature of the image..




Again, an originally posted JPEG image at 82K in size converted to a PNG 867K in size and then zoomed. and he says it's the camera............................
ow you really need to cool down. What you write here just is just bull**** trust me.
So instead of making a complete fool out of yourselves stop.

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6265 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 04:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
ow you really need to cool down. What you write here just is just bull**** trust me.
So instead of making a complete fool out of yourselves stop.



Question for thought.. lets look at this slowly in hopes of you catching on to science. Taking a 127K file and zooming it to a 1,107K frame, in comparison to taking a 1,107K file and zooming it to 1,107K frame would have a drastic effect of mostly degrading which one of the two?

Last edited by mp20748; 03-04-2019 at 04:56 AM.
mp20748 is offline  
post #6266 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
Question for thought.. lets look at this slowly in hopes of you catching on to science. Taking a 127K file and zooming it to a 1,107K frame, in comparison to taking a 1,107K file and zooming it to 1,107K frame would have a drastic effect of mostly degrading which one of the two?
Mike this is to illustrate. Don't take it so personally. You can do the same thing zooming yourselves on your original, just as I did and just took a screencap. Move on Mike...

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6267 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Ok, I'll move on...




It's only a 97KB file size. But that;s what happens after I post it to Postimage sight








Dj Dee likes this.
mp20748 is offline  
post #6268 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dj Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,199
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
Ok, I'll move on...




It's only a 97KB file size. But that;s what happens after I post it to Postimage sight









Why do you upload so small files?

Projectors JVC NX9 :) , JVC X500, JVC RS400, Cine9
Calibrator: Software: Calman Pro
Colorimeter: Klein K10A, Spectroradiometer: Jeti 1501
Picture generator Muredio
Dj Dee is offline  
post #6269 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mp20748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,833
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Why do you upload so small files?

This is the size of that life when it was uploaded:

.

3.80 MB (3,993,943 bytes)


And that's its present size in the folder
mp20748 is offline  
post #6270 of 6302 Old 03-04-2019, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Per Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Asker/Oslo - Norway
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp20748 View Post
This is beyond stupid..


The file size starts out after I post it on the forum, as 127KB... after you get finished messing it up, it ended up being 1,107KB that would be 8 times it's original size. pause right here and think about this. You can't see how the files size change would affect the image?


Are you trying to convince that your voodoo screenshot science allows you do anything whatever to a file and it not change the structure and quality of the image outcome?


And lets say, the camera was the issue, would it make sense to use a file from a camera that was used to capture an image and then put it in comparison to a shot you think the camera is OK, and then make this statement:


"If you don't see that you have huge amount of errors in your pictures I hope you see now"


Hey, but that is the same camera you gave thumbs up to a few pages back, to you now saying it needs to be replaced..





Why don't you stay away from trying to be Mr Magic the Screenshot expert and leave people images alone, since you won't except that you cannot make a science out of this foolishness.



Just leave the shots alone and stop letting people use you to make others shots look bad. Just leave the shots alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, Mike, you must learn to not jump off a cliff whenever you clearly havent learnt about things or understand them fully. Like screencaps and posted screenshots.

When I open and download the uploaded screenshot in question I get the full size of it. It depends on what browser u use. I have to open it in another tab, then enlarge it, and the open it in anonter new tab, and then you have the full size of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2534130  

Per Johnny

Last edited by Per Johnny; 03-04-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Per Johnny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread CRT Projectors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off