Backup camera interference Pioneer AVH-W4400Nex - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-09-2018, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Backup camera interference Pioneer AVH-W4400Nex

I recently replaced the OEM Rockford headunit in my 2011 Lancer Evolution with the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX. Prior to installing the Pioneer I had a Boyo VTL375 Ultra Slim license plate backup camera connected with a converter cable to the oem Rockford headunit. I didn't notice the interference, however I believe with the screen quality of the Pioneer being better the noise is more evident. I've attached a link to a video below. I googled backup cam interference and saw a video about a device PAC makes but it seemed to be specific to engine noise. My backup camera has interference with the engine on or off.

Unfortunately, my post count is too low so I am unable to post a link. Maybe someone could provide some suggestions with out the video.

One different question regarding backup camera, how come there are no backup guidelines on this model. I saw an earlier Nex system that did have this. I hope they release a firmware update that adds some missing features.

Thanks,

Last edited by koolzero; 10-09-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-17-2019, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I know this is an old post, but thought I'd answer it in case the OP or someone else stumbles across it.

I'm not sure what would cause the interference other than a loose or bad connection to the camera, especially a ground. We have the same Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX connected to a Autovox Cam 6 and it works perfectly.

The only thing I can think of would be to check the wiring and connections and/or try another camera. The Autovox is <$20 so it might be a good "test" camera. The image is amazingly good especially for the price.

The AVH-W4400NEX does have backup guidelines built in. There is a toggle for turning it on and off so you might want to check that. Here are couple of DIY videos:

Hope that helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page