2019 Forester - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-13-2019, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 13
2019 Forester

Ordering a new Forester soon and wanted to know if any one knew who makes the stock infotainment system and speakers. I’m looking at the premium trim so no Hk upgrade. Looking to possibly replace the 6 speakers and put a sub in. Don’t know how much power the stock radio puts out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2019, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
Ordering a new Forester soon and wanted to know if any one knew who makes the stock infotainment system and speakers. I’m looking at the premium trim so no Hk upgrade. Looking to possibly replace the 6 speakers and put a sub in. Don’t know how much power the stock radio puts out.

I used to have a 2014 and 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited. I had the Subaru upgraded accessory Kick Tweeters and Door Speakers. The clarity from them sounded amazing, but they put out exactly zero bass. I added in a RockFord Fosgate P300-10 subwoofer into them, and then overall system sounded beautiful.

I think Subaru now has an option Rockford Fosgate accessory, but if I remember correctly, it is just upgraded RockFord FRONT door speakers only and an amplifier.

I heard the 440W HK audio on the '19 Forester when I was shopping, and felt the stock 8" rear sub did not put out much bass at all. I certainly wasn't blown away by it. I ended up getting a '19 GMC Canyon pickup. I had a bunch of different Subaru models since 2004 and really wanted a pickup. I wanted to get the Bose audio in the Canyon, but did not want to jump up a couple of trim levels ($7K-$12K more) just to be able to add the Bose audio. I figured it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to just do the speakers myself and move the sub I removed from the Crosstrek back into the truck.

An option you can look at is upgraded door speakers, a tiny Alpine KTP-445U amp (4x45 RMS) (~$110 on Amazon) and maybe the RF sub in the hatch. I don't know what your budget is. I also don't know how accessible the Tweeters are on the '19 Forester. On the first gen Crosstrek, the grill over the tweeter popped right off and it was a 5-10 minute at most job to swap out the tweeters).

Vehicle: 2019 GMC Canyon V6-4x4 w/ 7" infotainment (stock audio for now)
TVs: Vizio P75-F1 75" 4K TV, Vizio P502ui-B1E 50" 4K, and a Panasonic 42" 42PX60U Plasma still going strong. Some BF-special Emersion LCD TVs.
Home Audio: Vizio 3.1 soundbar with a Polk Audio 10" powered sub (living room) and Vizio 2.1 soundbar with Polk Audio 10" powered sub (bedroom)
post #3 of 3 Old 06-23-2019, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
I think I’m just going to replace the 2 front door speakers and hook up my infinity sub. The tweeters are up on the sides of windshield I believe. If need an amp just would get a basic one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page