Issues with Kenwood DMX905S and random play - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-18-2019, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Issues with Kenwood DMX905S and random play

I have googled quite a bit and just have not seen anyone describe this problem... and it seems like it would be a common complaint.

I have a DMX905S with a USB stick with about 5000 songs. It meets all the requirements of the manual (not too many files/folder, not too deep a directory structure, etc). Firmware is up to date.

If I put the deck on random play, it will play 4-5 songs correctly. At some point when it chooses a song, it will display the ID3 tags of an apparent random song, but will actually play a totally different song. (The song it plays will always come from the directory of the previous song.)

If you let it keep going, it will get really confused. The time until the next song is the length of time of the displayed song (not the one now playing)... so it can get really messed up and totally out of sync. If you hit back "<<- button" ... it will reset and play the song that is being displayed. If you hit forward "->> button" it will skip to a random song and be okay again.

In 3-5 songs, this will start all over.

Has anyone with this deck experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page