Car Audio keeps cutting out for a split second on random intervals but no longer then - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-01-2019, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Car Audio keeps cutting out for a split second on random intervals but no longer then

Hey guys could someone help me out finding the issue and maybe fixing it. So the issue is that my car audio keeps cutting for a split second randomly every few seconds(sometimes a bit longer) which gets rly anoying after a little bit. I've checked all the wires and they are fine atleast the speaker ones(can't say for sure about the ones going out of the head unit and in the dash). I am thinking the problem has to do with the head unit because it has 2RCA preamp out to which i have connected an amp that is driving the rear speakers atm and they are cutting out together with the front ones as well. This makes me think it has something to do with the actual signal comming out of the H/U and going to the front speakers and the amp.

any help is greatly appreciated.

The H/U is Pioneer MVH-S190UB, the amp is Thunder TCA-4201 4x100RMS at 4ohms, the speakers are 2 rear Helix B69x and the front ones are also Helix but i can't remember the exact model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-02-2019, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamyt View Post
Hey guys could someone help me out finding the issue and maybe fixing it. So the issue is that my car audio keeps cutting for a split second randomly every few seconds(sometimes a bit longer) which gets rly anoying after a little bit. I've checked all the wires and they are fine atleast the speaker ones(can't say for sure about the ones going out of the head unit and in the dash). I am thinking the problem has to do with the head unit because it has 2RCA preamp out to which i have connected an amp that is driving the rear speakers atm and they are cutting out together with the front ones as well. This makes me think it has something to do with the actual signal comming out of the H/U and going to the front speakers and the amp.

any help is greatly appreciated.

The H/U is Pioneer MVH-S190UB, the amp is Thunder TCA-4201 4x100RMS at 4ohms, the speakers are 2 rear Helix B69x and the front ones are also Helix but i can't remember the exact model.
Car Audio keeps cutting out for a split second on random intervals but no longer then every 30-40 sec at best, sometimes it's more frequent. This should've been the title but i hit a characters limit without noticing
post #3 of 4 Old 08-03-2019, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Since all the speakers are cutting our, I agree its probably in or near the HU. I think you'll need to pull the head unit and mess around with the cables to see if you can re-create the dropout when jiggling wires. Could be the speaker ground connection is poor.

Last edited by DanPackMan; 08-03-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-04-2019, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPackMan View Post
Since all the speakers are cutting our, I agree its probably in or near the HU. I think you'll need to pull the head unit and mess around with the cables to see if you can re-create the dropout when jiggling wires. Could be the speaker ground connection is poor.

This weekend i was messing with the whole system. I took everything out,ran the rca cables down the center console because previously they were ran right next to the power cable for the amp on the right side, i spliced a new ground cable for the head unit that i ran to the trunk and connected to the negative of the amp so they would be grounded both at the same place, i made a new ground spot stripped from paint etc for the amp(and the HU), ran new speakers wires from the amp to all the speakers. Factory wiring is only used for the power to the HU now all the signal is going trough rca to the amp and then speakers so that elimantes fualty wires.

Problem is after all this the sound still keeps cutting out for a split second at random intervals about between 10-15sec and 30-40 sec. The other issue is i am still getting alternator whine. The volume of the whine was rly high it was louder then the actual music playing but by getting another cable grounding it to the HU's heatsink and attaching it to the negative of the rca the volume went down by 80% and if music is playing you can no logner hear the whine, but if no music is playing you can still hear it.

Any help for both problems would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Tags
audio , car , cutting out , head unit , issue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page