Since iOS 13 release, trouble connecting iPhone 8 to 4400NEX via Wireless CarPlay - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-30-2019, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since iOS 13 release, trouble connecting iPhone 8 to 4400NEX via Wireless CarPlay

Since iOS 13 was released, my iPhone 8 doesn’t connect to my 4400NEX consistently. Once they do connect, they stay connected pretty good. But just an automatic connection where the two connect automatically without me having to do anything almost never happens any more. Even though it worked fine on iOS 12, before I upgraded to iOS 13.

I have gone into the 4400NEX settings and cleared Bluetooth memory several times. And every time I do I go into the settings on my iPhone and in Bluetooth, forget the 4400NEX device, in WiFi forget the 4400NEX networks, and in CarPlay for the 4400NEX too. I have tried many different combinations of doing those things. And then I re-pair the two by holding down the voice button on my steering wheel and following the prompts on the radio and the phone. Sometimes I’ve gotten them to connect for a day or two smoothly before it goes back to being glitchy.

Is anyone else having trouble with the 4400NEX and Wireless CarPlay?

I called Apple, and they blamed Pioneer.

A guy from Pioneer was emailing me back and forth. But there was really nothing I haven’t tried. Pioneer has a few days ago now, on the 25th released a firmware update for the 4400NEX. But there’s nothing in the release notes about it having anything to do with CarPlay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-17-2019, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm seeing similar wireless Car Play connection issues between my iPhone 7 (iOS 13.1.3) and our Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX (firmware v1.02). I use Pandora most of the time.

I'm not exactly sure when it started, but it seems like it was about the same time as the iOS 13 release.

At times it works fine, other times it either won't connect, or connects, plays one song then stops and throws a "poor reception" error. I check the iPhone and the Pandora app shows that it's buffering. If I disconnect from the Pioneer and open/play the Pandora app on the iPhone it plays fine.

I've also tried all of the same "fixes" you've listed (including resetting the Pioneer to factory settings several times) and have also found that it works for a day or two then goes back to being glitchy.

I've resorted to turning off Car Play on my iPhone, starting the Pandora app before starting the car and just telling the head unit to connect via Bluetooth and it works. Sometimes it will reconnect that way if I leave the car for a short time and come back, sometimes not. It's a shame as Car Play used to work fine.

I hope there's a fix. I'll continue to research and post back if I see something relevant on another forum.

So, you're not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page