• 1 Post By Pennhaven

post #1 of 4 Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Car Audio System

I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla (highest trim) that's barely driven and in excellent condition. FM plays beautifully with great treble and warmth. Tidal HiFi, Spotify premium, and Google Play Music premium (all streamed to phone and connected to car via BT) play very soft and no warmth.

Headphones from my phone using 3.5 mm play great. Unfortunately tossed all my CDs in 2016.

I thought BT is the problem, so connected my phone using 3.5 mm to the stereo but to no avail.

Is there a low-effort solution for me here?
Is there some kind of a DAC or amp I could use to boost the signal?
Should I change the speakers or receiver even though it's still quite new and plays FM excellently?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-24-2020, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Iyengar View Post
I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla (highest trim) that's barely driven and in excellent condition. FM plays beautifully with great treble and warmth. Tidal HiFi, Spotify premium, and Google Play Music premium (all streamed to phone and connected to car via BT) play very soft and no warmth.

Headphones from my phone using 3.5 mm play great. Unfortunately tossed all my CDs in 2016.

I thought BT is the problem, so connected my phone using 3.5 mm to the stereo but to no avail.

Is there a low-effort solution for me here?
Is there some kind of a DAC or amp I could use to boost the signal?
Should I change the speakers or receiver even though it's still quite new and plays FM excellently?

Have you used the phone's volume control to increase the level? If not, do so. With all of my various Android phones a significantly higher volume level setting has been needed for line-out and BT than for headphones.
Vikram Iyengar likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-24-2020, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennhaven View Post
Have you used the phone's volume control to increase the level? If not, do so. With all of my various Android phones a significantly higher volume level setting has been needed for line-out and BT than for headphones.
Of course. The phone's vol is between 90-100%. My car's stereo's vol is 50-55 out of a max of 60 when playing BT.

When playing FM, the car vol only needs to be 30 when I'm listening and 20 when my kid is listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-24-2020, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Iyengar View Post
Of course. The phone's vol is between 90-100%. My car's stereo's vol is 50-55 out of a max of 60 when playing BT.

When playing FM, the car vol only needs to be 30 when I'm listening and 20 when my kid is listening.
Then I have no idea. Seems to be something irregular going on with the inputs to your Toyota head unit. You might want try with another phone to be sure. If it's no better, I'd suggest you inquire on a forum for your car model, as you likely aren't the only one with this issue.
Vikram Iyengar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page