The mystery of the disappearing Steering Wheel Audio controls - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-26-2020, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The mystery of the disappearing Steering Wheel Audio controls

So I'm not sure what happened, but first the steering wheel controls worked, then they didn't, now they're working again. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen and/or might be able to offer and explanation in case the issue comes back

Car: 2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 (with amplifed JBL system)
Head Unit: Sony XAV-AX1000
Wiring Interface: PAC RP4.2-TY11

At first, all was well. However, a few days after install I opened it back up to install a rear-view camera (the head unit has in input port for it). At some point around then the steering wheel controls wouldn't work anymore.

The stereo has a headphone-style jack for the steering wheel controls. I opened it again to make sure the connections were secure and in the right place. Still, no steering wheel controls. The lights on the buttons on the wheel would light, and the horn would honk. A mystery.

I opened it up again to check and see if anything got loose on the wiring interface connectors. They seemed fine. However, upon immediately testing, the steering wheel audio controls worked again! I carefully put everything back and am now just playing a wait and see game.

Any idea what may have been happening?

PSN: chaddgar, jrinck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page