Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-25-2020, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Recomendations for Subwoofer

Hey Everyone,

Never had a sub-woofer before. I have done some research but I get sketched out by all of the bad reviews even if majority are positive. I tried getting recommendations from Crutchfield but my car is 2021 and has not yet been researched. I have a Bose speaker system however the way my car is modeled, I feel my bass and sound from the rear is lacking even after balancing/tuning. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on some reliable powered subs? I'm looking to spend $260 max for the complete unit and wiring kits. How much does a professional installation cost? I don't need earth shattering sound, just clean and quite noticeable is my goal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-25-2020, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparrish147 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Never had a sub-woofer before. I have done some research but I get sketched out by all of the bad reviews even if majority are positive. I tried getting recommendations from Crutchfield but my car is 2021 and has not yet been researched. I have a Bose speaker system however the way my car is modeled, I feel my bass and sound from the rear is lacking even after balancing/tuning. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on some reliable powered subs? I'm looking to spend $260 max for the complete unit and wiring kits. How much does a professional installation cost? I don't need earth shattering sound, just clean and quite noticeable is my goal.
Here is where I would start. You did not say what kind of car you have, but do a Google, and see if the brand has an online forum. I used to have a Dodge Charger, and there were a couple of them.

I used to install car stereos in another life. Adding an aftermarket sub to an existing stock stereo, can cook your entire system. Additionally, many things are integrated into the sound system on most cars. I would be looking for an installer who has done your exact car before, hopefully many times.

I have no recommendation on product. You don't need a sub recommendation at this time. You need to research what it takes to be done, if it is even recommended. I used to turn work away for these very reasons at times. I also paid dearly to have a professional do it to my 2004 Chrysler M. Even though I had 15 years in the business, I was not risking it. Now, I am too old....LOL. I used to have killer jams cause I could not have them in my apartment. Now I own a home, and have put my love of sound there.

My humble little 5.1 system, "Virtual Cinema" front, wall of sound config:
65" LG OLED
Yamaha TSR-7810
2 JBL Studio 580 Towers, 2 JBL 530 Bookshelfs, and a JBL 520C Center.
Power Sound Audio V1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page