Canon Vixia HF G10 Settings? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Canon Vixia HF G10 Settings?

Hi all, I just recently joined this forum because i have some questions and it looks like people are pretty helpful here!

I am going to Florida to shoot some fishing videos and i was wondering the best settings for this would be?

Currently i am shooting in 60I, and using the Programmed AE setting, i always check and set my white balance before shooting.

I have been running into an issue with blurry horizontal lines while either panning or tilting.. What could this be?

Also does anyone use Seinnheisser ew 100 wireless mice with their Vixia? any recommended settings for windy conditions??

Thanks!

Last edited by FlyfishingConnor; 07-08-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2014, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyfishingConnor View Post
I have been running into an issue with blurry horizontal lines while either panning or tilting.. What could this be?Thanks!
Google for "interlaced video", "combing", "deinterlacing".

If you want "live" look without judder you have no choice but to shoot in 60i because the G10 cannot shoot 60p. You do not need to deinterlace for TV or blu-ray but you better deinterlace for YouTube. Watch on computer with Splash player, it can deinterlace field-to-frame without combing.

If you ok or want "film" look then shoot 24P (not PF24) - editing progressive video is simpler and easier to understand, there is no deinterlacing.

Last edited by Ungermann; 07-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post
Google for "interlaced video", "combing", "deinterlacing".

If you want "live" look without judder you have no choice but to shoot in 60i because the G10 cannot shoot 60p. You do not need to deinterlace for TV or blu-ray but you better deinterlace for YouTube. Watch on computer with Splash player, it can deinterlace field-to-frame without combing.

If you ok or want "film" look then shoot 24P (not PF24) - editing progressive video is simpler and easier to understand, there is no deinterlacing.
@Ungermann

Thankyou! I just started shooting in 60I recently so i wasn't too sure about all the interlacing video, but i did a little research and i have a better feel for it now.

Hey thanks again! Take it easy.

-Connor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders

Tags
canon , settings , vixia , windy and bright lighting

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page