alright i didn't read the comments below, and did not read the thread article fully but read it just enough to get the point which you tried to share here, anyways, i have really small youtube channel mainly just for myself and lossless recording & then compressed always provided better quality on youtube than if rendered at exactly same compression to which lossless was compressed, and i read what alzhem said here and what he says is also true
here how common user can tell the difference in quality on that exact same video about train,
1. pick 4k
2. make sure that it is really 4k and press play, pause, move it back to the very start
3. do the same with the second video
4. open image capture software like imgur/puush/sharex etc
5. pick exact same dimensions, for example, from the very top left & 117Y to the very bottom right & 1935Y (that's what i done), that way the picture on screen will be exactly same and there will be no video name on top and no downloaded progress bar on bottom
6. download both pictures which you just made
7. compare their sizes, bigger size = bigger quality, such is Always the case in everything, videos, games, etc , at least it was always like that for me.
8. you see that the 3840x1819 100mb bitrate video 0 second picture ended up being (10,699,827 bytes) , while the 3840x1819 45mb bitrate video's 0 second picture ended up being (10,519,067 bytes) , the size will vary by used program, i picked .png inside ShareX and it used my puush account, .jpg will have lower size, some other program's .png may as well have lower size (puush is just focusing on max possible size) , as well as you can even see difference if you will just switch between 2 photos online, here they are btw -
100mb variant (10,699,827 bytes) puu.sh/EVKH1.png
45mb variant (10,519,067 bytes) puu.sh/EVKIE.png
you clearly can see that the difference is there, and it always was the case, bigger starting point - better outcome, you can see that difference is there but you can't really tell which one is better or worse, however the photos size doing that for you and the 100mb variant ends up being higher, because it have more detailed pixels drawn.. such low difference is also due to your high quality camera and the fact that the 45mb variant was actually compressed to and not recorded with 45mb bitrate
and no i'm not necroposting, just hope it will help to clear up some confusion for others
my youtube channel btw ._. - youtube.com/cskillers1
i don't do any good content at all, it's mainly a channel just for myself and totally random videos, but still will be thankful if random guy will subscribe c': laters.