Possible to make 4K BD from DJI drone fotage? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-06-2019, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Possible to make 4K BD from DJI drone fotage?

I have a case where I want to make a 4K Blu Ray disc that can be played in 4K players from my DJI Phantom 4 recordings. I have no problem converting the files from the 4K MOV format to MP4 or anything else but in my research I'm reading that there is no reliable way or software that can write a BD disc that will work in most or all 4k players.

Also most of my searches are taking me to software designed for pirating movies and not what I am looking for or need.

Ideally I want an authoring software that is as close to $0 as possible but not more that about $100(USD) that can make a 4K BD (don't need UHD as the footage inst UHD) that is playable on most or all set-top 4k blu ray players. My audio will be simple stereo audio, no surround or anything special. Is this possible and if so what tools do I need?

Alternatively, or in addition to the blu ray, is there a service that will put a video file on a read only usb drive? I suppose I might be able to do this myself by cutting the write enable trace to the flash on the board but not all flash chips are so well documented.

For what it's worth I do have a gaming rig with a RTX2080 and a GTX1060 so trans-coding wont take a year to do. I mostly use Blender for video editing as I've always wanted to spend more on my drones than my video gear, but I do have access to Premiere but not After Effects.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2019, 12:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Wait, do you want to make 4k BDs or will regular 1080p work since you said you don't need UHD (aka 4k)?

Because there are plenty of tools for BDs, but I think for 4k the only consumer level tools are still paid. The other question is if you need the extra space, because 25gb discs are cheap, but dual layer BD (50 GB) are xpensive. BD XL discs in dual and triple layer (66 and 100 GB) are practically impossible, and very expensive. You might be better off sticking a file on a hard drive and using the media playback features instead.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-07-2019, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry, I meant I don't need HDR.

I already have some 50GB BD writables, but nothing higher. I should also mention these videos will be 20-45min.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page