Favorite camcorder tripod and head? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2006, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In anticipation for my new camcorder, I'm looking at some of the side-gear. One of which is the tripod and head. For stills I'm using an arca swiss head with a simple bogen set of legs. In talking to a friend he suggested that I got a panning video tripod head. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Bogen tripod and 2 different Bogen heads. The head that came with the tripod was fine for most camcorders except my Canon L1 and L2 which are extremely front heavy. I bought the 2nd head because it had a sliding camcorder mounting plate that allowed me balance the L1 and L2 so that I could loosen the tilt brake and allow smother tilts. I could get my reading glasses and flashlight and go read the model numbers but they are about 15 years old and are probably out of production. Seems to me I paid over $500 for that 2nd head which was way over priced to my mind. I thought the fluid in the head was way too stiff so I sent it back to Bogen to have lighter fluid installed. They kept it for a month and returned it as being repaired but I couldn't tell any difference. After that I just lived with the stiff fluid.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page