Looking for HV10 HD-DVD sample - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello out there,

Completely new to the camcorder world (but baby on the way!) and enthusiastic recent owner of the HD-A1. I would be very curious as to what a sample HD-DVD from the HV10 looked like in my HT environment. Would be happy to pay for shipping/cost of disc. After that I would offer it back up on the forum in case anybody else was interested in the same trial. Could be kind of a rotating disc. So.... if anybody out there has some nonpersonal footage that they wouldn't mind sending along, please PM me.

I'm not very tech savvy, so I was curious just how difficult this process of authoring is. I saw a post suggesting that it can now be done with just one software program (Pinnacle S10.7). Has anybody tried this out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 401
I would also be curious to see some real world samples of both the HV10 and the HC3 before I buy. I also have a baby on the way!
post #3 of 6 Old 12-02-2006, 09:16 AM

I have some footage I'm willing to share, but it is a big file. Where would I upload at full resolution? Let me know and I can try to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thank you *very* much for the offer, but what I was trying to do was get an HD-DVD sent via snail mail so I could just pop it into the HD-A1 and check it out. Unfortunately my computer would probably explode if I tried to download a sample video. I have almost settled on the HV10 and if I do get it and am able to author HD-DVDs I will offer a sample disc up to the forum myself (and hopefully it can get passed around)- but by the time I save up for the camera and new computer, the baby will be about 15!!
post #5 of 6 Old 12-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxi

I'm not very tech savvy, so I was curious just how difficult this process of authoring is. I saw a post suggesting that it can now be done with just one software program (Pinnacle S10.7). Has anybody tried this out?

Yes... Studio Pinnacle 10.7 can now produce REAL hd-dvd's complete with menu's, cahpters... etc, for playback in the toshiba player... but you need a fairly up-to-date computer with a quality dvd burner and a DX9 compatible/256Mb video card.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledr
I have some footage I'm willing to share, but it is a big file. Where would I upload at full resolution? Let me know and I can try to do it.
You can use yousendit, rapidshare and several other free hosting sites. The file would work great for me. I can plug the PC into the TV to check it out if nothing else will work. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate your effort for taking the time. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page