CANON ZR600 ME & MY 4gb SD CARD WHAT AM I DOING WRONG - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
heres my question please, I purchased this 1gb sd card last month , I have a camcorder canon zr 600 that uses these cards. In my menu settings under 640x480 I get 9999 pics to shoot with the 1gb card. well being anxious and all I come to find out theres a 4gig on the market , so I bought this 4gig and have it right now and just placed it into to my camcorder and come to find out under 640x480 settings its the same 9999 pics I can shoot as for the 1gb card. Well how is that when this is a 4gig ? Am I doing something wrong in my settings? plus when I turn my camcorder on it says ERROR CARD IS FULL and never had been able to take advantage of it yet , Thank you folks BUT WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ? should I be able to get more pics to shoot from a 4gb verse a 1gb card. As its giving me the same amount to shoot 640x480 = 9999 and same for the 4gb card.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonzr600
heres my question please, I purchased this 1gb sd card last month , I have a camcorder canon zr 600 that uses these cards. In my menu settings under 640x480 I get 9999 pics to shoot with the 1gb card. well being anxious and all I come to find out theres a 4gig on the market , so I bought this 4gig and have it right now and just placed it into to my camcorder and come to find out under 640x480 settings its the same 9999 pics I can shoot as for the 1gb card. Well how is that when this is a 4gig ? Am I doing something wrong in my settings? plus when I turn my camcorder on it says ERROR CARD IS FULL and never had been able to take advantage of it yet , Thank you folks BUT WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ? should I be able to get more pics to shoot from a 4gb verse a 1gb card. As its giving me the same amount to shoot 640x480 = 9999 and same for the 4gb card.
The only thing I can think of is that the Canon has a limitation internally that it can only except a certain sizes of the SD Card. My Sony DSC V-1 Digital Camera will only except Memory Stick Pro in sizes up to 1 gig. I stuck a 2 gig version in it and it said that it only had 1 gig available. I would call Canon and find out what the deal is or check the OM and see if they have a memory card limitation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page