Hunter Douglas PowerView shades & blinds - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #181 of 184 Old 04-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I spoke with a rep from HD who explained that the addition of the repeater in a scene is purely cosmetic. You can change the LED color via the scene, but it makes no difference in which repeater sends a signal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 184 Old 11-07-2019, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Powerview Status from app and alexa help

Just had 3 x power view blinds installed into my bay window.
Currently linked one up to the app via the hub and have it running in homekit.
It was running on Alexa as well but for some reason seems to have stopped. I can tell alexa to turn on a scene but blinds do nothing.
Tried removing skill and re adding, adds everything fine but no control when you ask Alexa to turn on /off scene.

Also just got to work and loaded up thinking I could see the status of my blinds but it appears you cant, only select a scene. Seems a bit lacking if it cant do something that simple?

Pioneers SC-2023, Pioneers 6090 Plasma, M&K 5's, Centre: Monitor Bronze BX, Rel Sub.

Last edited by mccltd; 11-07-2019 at 03:59 AM.
post #183 of 184 Old 11-09-2019, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccltd View Post
Just had 3 x power view blinds installed into my bay window.
Currently linked one up to the app via the hub and have it running in homekit.
It was running on Alexa as well but for some reason seems to have stopped. I can tell alexa to turn on a scene but blinds do nothing.
Tried removing skill and re adding, adds everything fine but no control when you ask Alexa to turn on /off scene.

Also just got to work and loaded up thinking I could see the status of my blinds but it appears you cant, only select a scene. Seems a bit lacking if it cant do something that simple?

Doesn't sound right. I can see the battery/open status in the HD app and Home (Homekit app) on all my blinds, both at home and at work.

Home manages things so well that I hardly ever use the PowerView app since the initial setup. I have Home notify me when the blinds open or close when I am away from home. They open around sunrise (to various levels, dependent on where the sun is), one closes around the middle of the day to block the sun and then they all close around sunset.

My four blinds are all in the same room and I don't use the repeater that was part of the package. The hub is hidden away behind the entertainment console but still does a good job keeping touch with the blinds.

I am almost at a year of owning my HD blinds and the battery level is still in the 90% levels which is much better than I was expecting.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 184 Old 11-13-2019, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got our lightlock duette shades installed. When I installed the app 3 or our shades show up as "undefined" type. I can set the type manually, but it doesn't give me the top-down/bottom-up option, which they are.

Upon closer inspection, all 3 shades have an older firmware version. Is there a way to flash these things? Or do j have a tech come out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page