HamJab Beta: DIY control & automation for RS232/ethernet devices (+ EventGhost/Kodi) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-13-2015, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lightbulb HamJab Alpha: DIY control & automation for RS232/ethernet devices (+ EventGhost/Kodi)

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this belongs here so if it is more at home in another forum please just let me know (or if you think I should crosspost elsewhere).

I wanted to be able to control and automate my A/V devices and didn't want to spend a small fortune to do it with Crestron/Control4/etc so I made this software to do it for me instead. I'm not sure if this is something that other people will be interested in using but I figured I may as well post it just in case :0)

Check out the README here if you are interested: https://github.com/midgetspy/hamjab

Summary: HamJab allows you to connect any device (RS232, ethernet, or a custom "device" like Kodi) to a central server and control them from a Web UI. It also lets you write automation scripts in python which can react to events sent from your devices and send commands to other devices.

Disclaimer: HamJab is not point-and-click software. You will need to run command-line software, edit source files, and generally be pretty tech savvy in order to make it do something useful. At the very least you'll need to be able to figure out how to make your PC talk to your devices via serial before you can use HamJab to automate them. If that sounds like something you want to try then I'm happy to help answer your questions and add support for your devices. Just post questions here and I'll do my best.

Last edited by midgetspy; 12-13-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-15-2015, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks for sharing! I'm considering writing something similar for your exact reasons. I'll be sure to check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Tags
automation , control , eventghost , kodi , RS232

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page