Crestron Manifest File - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-16-2017, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Crestron Manifest File

Hey All. I had some new iPad's that I want to download my Crestron Pro G app onto. I am getting the error message saying it can't find my manifest file. I guess my installer only put it on my other iPad and not on my CP3. Is there a way I can install it on the new iPad's, or will I have to call him because it requires toolbox? I do have my files stored on my computer. We haven't spoken in 4 years and didn't leave off on a great note, so I am trying to avoid calling him. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-17-2017, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
When you're in the app settings, make sure that 'use local file' is set to off. That will try to get the file from the CP3 *if* it is in there. If it is not in the CP3, then yes, you'll have to call someone. Doesn't have to be him, if you do have the correct file.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-17-2017, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVO View Post
When you're in the app settings, make sure that 'use local file' is set to off. That will try to get the file from the CP3 *if* it is in there. If it is not in the CP3, then yes, you'll have to call someone. Doesn't have to be him, if you do have the correct file.
Thank you Mike. I did try selecting "No", but it did not work. I am assuming he did not add it to the CP3 (not sure why he wouldn't), and I had attempted to call a few people in the past, but no one wanted to do it without re-programming everything with their own UI. I assume there are no other workarounds? I really don't want to pay for an entirely new programming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiesel77 View Post
Hey All. I had some new iPad's that I want to download my Crestron Pro G app onto. I am getting the error message saying it can't find my manifest file. I guess my installer only put it on my other iPad and not on my CP3. Is there a way I can install it on the new iPad's, or will I have to call him because it requires toolbox? I do have my files stored on my computer. We haven't spoken in 4 years and didn't leave off on a great note, so I am trying to avoid calling him. Thanks!
I wonder, did you ever find a solution for uploading your manifest file onto a new iPad, a solution that did not involve an audio pro coming to your place to do it? I have a similar problem, although I have not yet tried having 'use local file' set to "No," I will do that when I get home although I suspect it will be the same situation as you.

Did you every try to upload the manifest file to a new device, and then select "Yes" on 'Use Local File?' - if so, what happens there?

Thanks,

onyaw
post #5 of 8 Old 11-09-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Hi MikeSVO,

I saw your reply in this post.

I have a similar problem but _may_ be slightly better off and hoping that you might know a tip that would help, as the AV vendor that installed and updated our system a couple of years ago isn't being responsive and the only local guy that is, does not do Crestron.

The original vendor installed onto my original ancient iPad (gen 1 or 2 I think) his own functional Crestron Mobile Pro G app (not sure how he did that) to control music in different rooms of our house. I got a new iPad and would like to move control to this. I downloaded the _free_ Crestron Mobile Pro G app, configured the host settings, selected "no" to Local but when trying to connect got the response "The free version of the application does not support the selected project" which suggests to me that the manifest file is in our system. I then read up on Crestron apps and Crestron Mobile Pro G while available is not supported and had crappy ratings; the Crestron for iPad app replaces it. I downloaded that to try it, and it looks like our system isn't configured to recognize it (requires some different configuration settings which seems like it needs toolbox software).

The pro version of the Crestron Mobile Pro G costs $99.99. Do you think this is my only option, and if I am getting a program response like above, if I bought it is it likely to work?

Thanks in advance for your consideration in helping. If push comes to shove I will try to persist with the vendor.

onyaw
post #6 of 8 Old 11-09-2019, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I know that the new version of the app (the silver logo version) has a paid and unpaid version. The difference is the number of pages - the unpaid version allows for one page and 2 sub-pages (I think), and the paid version is unlimited. I don't know for sure if the Mobile G version is the same way, but if it is, that might explain why you're getting that message - the project you're trying to use has more pages than the free version supports.

Also, the version of the app being used in the program is referenced in the program that's running in the processor. So the app versions aren't interchangeable once the program is loaded into the processor - you need to use the right app for the program.

I noticed the bad ratings for the app as well, but you really have to look at it in context: the app is really a utility used by Crestron programmers to put an interface that **they must make** onto an iPad. Crestron doesn't make the interface and Crestron isn't an AV installer, so the bad ratings are really sort of misguided complaints that were likely meant for the crappy dealer that didn't know how to use it.

Also, the 'not supported' thing likely means that Crestron isn't doing anymore updates to the app, but it's still available and works in particular situations. I have a customer who is still using it, and we did put it on a newer iPad when HIS ancient one died. So it will run on there, although as I'm digging through my old brain cells I seem to remember that we did have to do something to make the older project work again...it was a project re-compile in VT-Pro, I think. Nothing difficult.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you might have already paid for the full version years ago using a different iTunes account. If you're looking for the app while logged in with a different account, the app won't show up as having been purchased. Or the installer might have used their account, for some reason. Just another thing to consider.

Sorry for rambling a bit - I didn't have my coffee this morning so I just kind spit all that out in a somewhat disorganized fashion... Hope that helps a little!
post #7 of 8 Old 11-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I know that the new version of the app (the silver logo version) has a paid and unpaid version. The difference is the number of pages - the unpaid version allows for one page and 2 sub-pages (I think), and the paid version is unlimited. I don't know for sure if the Mobile G version is the same way, but if it is, that might explain why you're getting that message - the project you're trying to use has more pages than the free version supports.

Also, the version of the app being used in the program is referenced in the program that's running in the processor. So the app versions aren't interchangeable once the program is loaded into the processor - you need to use the right app for the program.

I noticed the bad ratings for the app as well, but you really have to look at it in context: the app is really a utility used by Crestron programmers to put an interface that **they must make** onto an iPad. Crestron doesn't make the interface and Crestron isn't an AV installer, so the bad ratings are really sort of misguided complaints that were likely meant for the crappy dealer that didn't know how to use it.

Also, the 'not supported' thing likely means that Crestron isn't doing anymore updates to the app, but it's still available and works in particular situations. I have a customer who is still using it, and we did put it on a newer iPad when HIS ancient one died. So it will run on there, although as I'm digging through my old brain cells I seem to remember that we did have to do something to make the older project work again...it was a project re-compile in VT-Pro, I think. Nothing difficult.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you might have already paid for the full version years ago using a different iTunes account. If you're looking for the app while logged in with a different account, the app won't show up as having been purchased. Or the installer might have used their account, for some reason. Just another thing to consider.

Sorry for rambling a bit - I didn't have my coffee this morning so I just kind spit all that out in a somewhat disorganized fashion... Hope that helps a little!
MikeSVO thanks for your reply, rambling or not (was clear enough to me).

So, you are suggesting that the Mobile Pro G (purchased) version may work, but if it is not the same exact sub-version of the Mobile Pro G app that the system was setup for (which was v2.00.60; the new one in the app store appears to be v2.00.75), there might be more tweaking to do and that might require other expertise or professional software?

In my case, Mobile Pro G was not installed on my iTunes account but as you suggested the technician kindly installed his version for us to use. So I would need to buy it. That is okay but if there is going to be a version problem I'd want to be eyes wide open, hence my question above.

Thanks again
post #8 of 8 Old 11-11-2019, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyaw View Post
...if it is not the same exact sub-version of the Mobile Pro G app that the system was setup for (which was v2.00.60; the new one in the app store appears to be v2.00.75), there might be more tweaking to do and that might require other expertise or professional software?
No, there will be no versioning issues.

Crestron iPad App tweaks do not impact performance interaction between compiled panels and existing systems.

I programmed my brother's house years ago and he has used the version for Android as well as the version for iPad and has had no real tweaks made to the system over the years.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page