55lw6500 cec/anynet/alexa/google assistant - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-12-2018, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question 55lw6500 cec/anynet/alexa/google assistant

Ok, so I have an LG 55LW6500 TV and know a bit about home automation.

This particular TV has HDMI port 1 damaged so I cant use HDMI port one. However I have tested and all is well on ports 2/3/4

I have an Amazon FireTV plugged into one of the HDMI's and a Google Chromecast plugged into another HDMI port. Both display and work fine.

However, I would like to enable Simplelink so that I can say "Alexa, turn on TV" and it sends a command and turns on the TV. As well as "Ok Google, turn of TV" and it will power TV on,

I have done this on TV's older than this one so that eliminate the FireTV or Chromcast not working or being set up properly.

So the problem is with the HDMI control. I went into the TV settings simply by clicking the "Simplelink" button on the remote and it brings up the Simplelink menu. I select "on" but all options below that are grayed out which include "Watch TV", "DISC", "VCR", "HDD Recorder", and "Speaker" then there is the red input button and exit.

I have even tried setting my HDMI inputs to match "VCR" and "Bluray" still no Simplink/CEC control.

What am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Tags
cec , control , lgtv , simplelink

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page