Anyone using DoorBird? Ring Elite door bell? What do you think? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 11-04-2019, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlotogura View Post
you can build out a modular system, but I believe end of day its still a vertical unit, they need to all be connected if you will, not place 1 pad here, 1 pad there, etc. You could find separate pieces to do that - there are Keypad/Tag readers that could be stand alone, but then you need a controller/hub to make them all work together.
Thanks, is there any controller/hub you can recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 11-04-2019, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmane View Post
Thanks, is there any controller/hub you can recommend?
crestron
control4
savant
elan
URC
Vera
HomeSeer

its a big list

too generic of a question without knowing what modular pieces you have in mind, what communication protocol they may/may not have embedded in them etc

Ring/Doorbird are popular because they are DIY Friendly. what you want may cross into the dealer/custom install space so your needs will dictate what system(s) may work with those units. Find the unit(s) you need then you can figure out a control system to sit over it.

for instance, 2n Helios integrates with https://wiki.2n.cz/hip/inte/latest/en
post #33 of 35 Old 11-05-2019, 02:06 AM

Thanks, my appologies for being a bit blurry. I have been using Crestron before but for this installation it is a bit over the top. What I am really looking for is a good system for the access control. To my knowledge this is not often part of the systems but you have to use a addon for this. I have been using Siedle but this is far too pricey for this installation. I need a "module" which could integrate to a door and allow me to use a keypad or tag to open the door. Preferably also an app. This is why doorbird is really interesting but I sadly cannot use that form factor in that building.

One more thing, I will be using an electomechanical lock like the ASSA 841 or similar so I am not controlling a Yale, glue, danalock or something like that.

Last edited by markmane; 11-05-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 11-05-2019, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmane View Post
Thanks, my appologies for being a bit blurry. I have been using Crestron before but for this installation it is a bit over the top. What I am really looking for is a good system for the access control. To my knowledge this is not often part of the systems but you have to use a addon for this. I have been using Siedle but this is far too pricey for this installation. I need a "module" which could integrate to a door and allow me to use a keypad or tag to open the door. Preferably also an app. This is why doorbird is really interesting but I sadly cannot use that form factor in that building.

One more thing, I will be using an electomechanical lock like the ASSA 841 or similar so I am not controlling a Yale, glue, danalock or something like that.
do you have a photo of the area?

check out CEPro.com - they have a section on security news https://www.cepro.com/category/security/ and another section just on product reviews: https://www.cepro.com/product/

they certainly talk about door entry/intercom type products.

Have you looked at Holovision? http://www.eholovision.com/ - they sell a doorbird kit in their own hardware - basically doorbird guts and holovision faceplates with other technologies: http://www.eholovision.com/solutions...d-integration/ - but have a look on their site as they have tons of other models with other SIP integrations. I use their 424 with a 2nHelios video kit to work in my Control4 set up. Works great.
post #35 of 35 Old 11-06-2019, 01:58 PM

Thanks, looks very good. I appreciate all the great information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation