AVS Forum banner

WIFI Switches That Work As A Group Set

850 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gaspower 
#1 ·
Hello,
I currently purchased (Kasa Smart Light Switch by TP-Link) and setup was extremely easy and no working issues. The one thing I missed and my fault is that in the App for these switches, you can group as many as you want and control on/off from the App. What I ideally would like to purchase is WiFi switches that can be controlled as a group from the App and also from a individual switch. Has anyone seen a WiFi switch that there is group control from each on the switches in the corresponding group.

Thank you,
JR

#3 ·
Hello,
Thank you for the reply. This is for a lady who does not have any type of controller processor. It is just the switches mentioned. Was not sure if any company made WiFi switches that can be grouped and controlled at the switch verse using the App to control the group.

Thank you

#6 ·
Legrand RF lighting controls.....

You can pair master switches on each load together to operate as a single group.

https://www.legrand.us/electrical-devices/rf-lighting-controls.aspx

They operate in the 900mhz band; you can also pair the plug-in RF devices with a switch. You will need the LC7001 hub to operate via the app over WiFi. You will pair only one master switch to the hub, and then the remains switches would pair to the first master switch.

Legrand just announced HomeKit compatible devices also that offer this pairing feature and do not require a hub; they’re also compatible with Alexa and Google Home. I will make a new topic on those in this forum.

https://go.legrand.us/webmail/84502...df1390958e80da49d062232d65d6a69fd75a3ab7cd7e1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
The "grouping" is easily handled by using an app that integrates / includes all of your other smart devices as well. Other than initial set up, I never go back to the device's proprietary app. I want it all together in one app.

I use the Google Home app, and it has all of my light switches. Wifi, Z-wave, and Zigbee. You can create groups of any devices you want within the app, regardless of what technology they are or who makes them.

Attachments

Reactions: gaspower
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.