Seeking Home Security Camera Advice
I would like to set up a simple, single security camera that can keep an eye on my car/bike when I am not at home and/or while I am sleeping at night. I live in an apartment, but fortunately I am able to park right outside of one of my windows, on the same level and only a few feet away. Therefore I am envisioning a simple camera that I can set inside, on the window ledge, facing out through the window toward the area I want to monitor.
I've noticed the onslaught of cloud-based services lately, but have never paid any attention because I've never desired a camera until now. As I'm trying to wade through the options available at the likes of Best Buy, I'm left fairly lost and I'm starting to wonder if this will be more difficult than it should be. Please recommend what I should look at.
- Simple and inexpensive (I see no reason that it should cost more than $200 for a DVR + camera, or a few dollars a month for cloud-based storage)
- Small enough to fit in between blinds and a window pane (the size of the "Blink XT2" looks ideal)
- 24/7 Recording that I have access to for a couple of days (So 72 hours of "space", I guess?)
- Ample low-light recording (needs to be worth a dang for facial recognition)
** Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe I need "night vision" as there is always at least some ambient light present from the street lights
- Adjustable motion detection alert would be nice (I park in an alley so it has to be adjustable, or every passing car would trigger, I'd imagine)
- Must be able to view directly through a clear window without issue (not sure if this would ever be a problem)
It sounds like I might have to pick between a long loop of recording or notifications, as a cloud based service is necessary for notifications but lacking in terms of space.. thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any help! I thought this would be as simple as walking into Best Buy but apparently not...
Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS