Looking for Smart Lock Options
I'm beginning to think that the smart lock I'm looking for doesn't yet exist. Here's what I want:
- Decent security (if I can easily defeat it with a script-kiddie tool or a high-powered magnet, that's a no-go)
- Fits existing deadbolt pattern
- Retains physical lock/unlock functions (inside required, exterior preferred as well)
- Does not cost a mint
Now here's where it gets weird:
- Ideally WiFi rather than hub system (I can work around that, but I'd rather not)
- Separate lock/unlock function or additional security on unlocks.
The goal is to set up a voice-activated home automation (Google, Alexa, etc.) with the authority to LOCK the door, but not unlock it. At present I simply don't trust those platforms to recognize homeowners as opposed to bad guys shouting through a door, so I don't want them to control unlocking at all. However, it would be great to be able to set things up so a simple "secure home" command of some kind locks all the doors. For my home and for any I install I'm perfectly happy to have everyone walk over to the lock and physically unlock it (or use a dedicated app).
Anyone know of something out there that fits this bill?