Crestron TSW-1052 touch panel went black please help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-27-2019, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Crestron TSW-1052 touch panel went black please help

Hi I have a Crestron TSW 1052, and I was trying to change the weather app on panel to stop defaulting to Whitefish Montana, as I live somewhere else. I thought I would try to initialize the touch panel ion tool box and then reinstall the program written for TSW. Unfortunately it kept just showing TP was rebooting. When I went upstairs to check to see what was happening on touch panel. I discovered screen was black and shut off. Now Toolbox cant discover or see it anymore. I unplugged it from system and plugged back in but still black screen.

Did I fry the touch panel by trying to initialize it? I am stumped.?? My friend who helped with programming is unavailable for a while so retying to solve this problem on my own, any advice or tips or similar experiences greatly appreciated. I am fairly good with trouble shooting but stuck on this please help!!!

Thank You in Advance

Oil Country
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-29-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked: 1197
Pull the panel from the wall and bring it down to the room where you have the equipment and plug it in locally to a PoE switch.

Make sure that you have enough power to the panel so that it boots up.

There is no reason to initialize/restore most touchpanels. You just load new code over the existing code and you are done. I haven't played with the weather app portion, but you don't need to worry about that at the moment. What you need to do is ensure you have enough PoE to run the panel and that you get it booting up.

In my experience, about the only time I've seen a panel go black, while still operating properly, is when it was not getting enough power. So, I pulled everything else off the PoE switch except the control system and the touchpanel and the panel booted up properly. Took some moving things about to get the panel to always have enough power. I've also had to add a second PoE switch to some system to ensure I had enough power for the gear.

You may want to join the AMX/Crestron group on Facebook, and check www.groups.io - Search for Crestron. This is the new home of the old Yahoo groups page with lots of very experienced Crestron users.

I don't get much into whether you are a dealer or not, that's irrelevant to helping you figure things out. So, hopefully my tips get things rolling a bit.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-29-2019, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Pull the panel from the wall and bring it down to the room where you have the equipment and plug it in locally to a PoE switch.

Make sure that you have enough power to the panel so that it boots up.

There is no reason to initialize/restore most touchpanels. You just load new code over the existing code and you are done. I haven't played with the weather app portion, but you don't need to worry about that at the moment. What you need to do is ensure you have enough PoE to run the panel and that you get it booting up.

In my experience, about the only time I've seen a panel go black, while still operating properly, is when it was not getting enough power. So, I pulled everything else off the PoE switch except the control system and the touchpanel and the panel booted up properly. Took some moving things about to get the panel to always have enough power. I've also had to add a second PoE switch to some system to ensure I had enough power for the gear.

You may want to join the AMX/Crestron group on Facebook, and check www.groups.io - Search for Crestron. This is the new home of the old Yahoo groups page with lots of very experienced Crestron users.

I don't get much into whether you are a dealer or not, that's irrelevant to helping you figure things out. So, hopefully my tips get things rolling a bit.
Thanks for the tip, I did try moving Touch panel to POE switch but did not remove other panels connected to it. I will try this when I get home today. I also found some people online saying pressing reset power button 10 or 11 times to reset panel. This seems like this may not help if panel is not getting power however I would think?

I will let you know how I make out when unplug other devices to POE switch. And thanks for link on other group as I am end user who designed and put together system over the years and am always trying to tweak system.

Thank You

Oil Country
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page