AVS Forum banner

Hello to All and.... Help Needed (pretty please)!

540 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Alex Wells 
#1 ·
Hi everybody, I'm new on here! My background is an industrial designer, as such I have general engineering knowledge, but not very in depth in any one area. At the moment I'm helping a friend that has hit hard times to sell their luxury apartment in the shortest time frame possible, incurring the minimum costs, it has a myriad of problems, but the main one is the home automation system.
The home automation seems to have only controlled was the lighting (in zones) and the heating (all in one zone).
It was running from an iPad, using the i2Connect app, apparently all was rosy until the iOS was updated and then the app (no longer supported) was unable to run.
There is no documentation for the system, and the installation is a bird's nest. I have found what seems to be the router for general WIFI, plus another router and a Ruckus zone flex access point.
I have included a few photos.
My question is, firstly, what app would be best to install, i3 Lite?I saw you need some kind of proprietary hub for that app, so I would avoid.
Next question, how do I get the system working?!
Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I did a quick google search for i2Connect app and didn't find any reference.
The third picture - what is that hardware? Is there make / model info on it?
Where is the installing dealer that would have the info? Was the apartment purchased from your friend with the system in place or did your friend commission it's install?
Any dealer getting involved is likely going to want to rip out and put new in. It is more efficient that way instead of trying to reverse engineer a project with defunct components.
Why does the system have to be operational to sell the apartment? Likely would put more $'s in than would be gleaned in a sale.

#5 ·
reply to smoothtlk

I did a quick google search for i2Connect app and didn't find any reference.
Sorry my mistake, it's called i2 Control.

As stated on their page, it's not compatible with iOS 10 or higher.

The third picture - what is that hardware? Is there make / model info on it?
Those are ISYGLT UD-500-M2/BP (230V, the system is in Amsterdam) universal dimmers apparently.

Where is the installing dealer that would have the info? Was the apartment purchased from your friend with the system in place or did your friend commission it's install?
The system was in place, it was working until he updated the iPad ios. He is the third owner, the original owner that commissioned the installation seems unreachable.

Any dealer getting involved is likely going to want to rip out and put new in. It is more efficient that way instead of trying to reverse engineer a project with defunct components.
Why does the system have to be operational to sell the apartment? Likely would put more $'s in than would be gleaned in a sale.
Yes, agreed, I'm trying to get it working without the hefty expense of a reinstall.

#4 ·
I think he is saying an iOS update may have broken the older app. So he would have to downgrade iOS to get it back working. That affects lots of other stuff on the apple device than just that one app, including security and potentially any connectivity to the internet (if the device is older). So, that doesn't seem to be a viable option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.