Lutron Radio RA2 and Honeywell Vista Security Integration. Anyone done it? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-13-2019, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2270 Post(s)
Liked: 1487
Lutron Radio RA2 and Honeywell Vista Security Integration. Anyone done it?

Hey, I have a Honeywell Vista panel and Radio Ra2 lighting. I'd like to make scenes for lighting and security (e.g. Arm Away will turn off all lights, close the shades, Arm the house, etc).

I know a 4232CBM module is needed but how does one go about integrating this?

What is involved and how do you go about getting started?

Thanks!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2019, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2270 Post(s)
Liked: 1487
Specifically, I am curious about if I am using Crestron, if I can set light scenes in the Lutron App (or scene buttons on Lutron button switches in the house) to actuate scenes.

So, if I want to change a lighting scene that is activated when arming the house, doI have to have my Crestron programmer reprogram it or if I simply change the scene via the Lutron App and then all is changed?

THanks

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-18-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 94
What's your Crestron dealer say? if you are using Crestron, that's the only place to go.

If you were using, as example, myServer, then myServer can trigger scenes within RadioRa controller, or can manage all of the scenes within myServer and just execute the elements of the scene within RadioRa (or Honeywell). The Honeywell can send a "zone violated" message to myServer, and then myServer can be configured to do "stuff". That "stuff" could be to message RadioRa to turn on a set of lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page