Replacing X10 with hand remote to modern equip - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-17-2019, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Replacing X10 with hand remote to modern equip

I currently have an X10 system that controls a porch light and outdoor post light and a living room light.

However the system has been failing and I want to replace it with modern equipment.

Is there any modern system that has or supports a hardware handheld remote similar to the X10 remote? I am aware of using a phone, but would like a solution as close to possible to the existing solution. It is for an elderly woman and using a phone would prove difficult.

I have thought of putting two the caseta remotes together back to back but that would only provide control of two lights but it may be my only option.

I figured I would reach out here and see if there maybe something I am not aware of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-26-2019, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvis View Post
I currently have an X10 system that controls a porch light and outdoor post light and a living room light.

However the system has been failing and I want to replace it with modern equipment.

Is there any modern system that has or supports a hardware handheld remote similar to the X10 remote? I am aware of using a phone, but would like a solution as close to possible to the existing solution. It is for an elderly woman and using a phone would prove difficult.

I have thought of putting two the caseta remotes together back to back but that would only provide control of two lights but it may be my only option.

I figured I would reach out here and see if there maybe something I am not aware of.
Insteon components would work fine. There is a "palm pad" like controller that could be used to control the switches. No hub is required for this type of direct control.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-26-2019, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I has X10 for a long time, and eventually the remote stopped working. I replace all my x10 with insteon and has been very reliable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-07-2020, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
X10

Why not just combine the porch and post lights together, its probably a better solution for an elderly person anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page