Echo integration with AVRs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2020, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Echo integration with AVRs

Not sure if this belongs in the automation forum or another. I'm looking to connect an echo dot to a receiver (I'm open to which one is best but currently looking at a Denon AVR-X2600 or 3600) and want it to function so that regardless of what source input I have selected, I can hear the responses to echo commands. This would essentially be a priority override or mux function on one of the audio inputs to the AVR.

As an example, if I'm watching TV or DVD (the AVR input selection is one of the HDMI sources) and ask Alexa a question, I want to hear the echo dot's response audio through the AVR's speakers. I see this functionality in HTD's latest 1240ADS multi-channel amp. I'm wondering if there's an AVR out there that either has an integrated echo device that would allow this or one that has a priority override function that would mux in the echo dot audio into the currently selected source audio. Anyone have advice for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2020, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Take a look at this device https://www.amazon.com/AUTOMATIC-SPE...55359956&psc=1

It will allow you to share two speakers with your receiver and another amp connected to an Echo Dot. It is auto sensing so whenever you ask Alexa a question it will override whatever is playing on the receiver and announce Alexas response over the speakers you are sharing. The only negative is you will need a separate two channel amp but there are numerous mini amps available that would work for under $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 01-31-2020, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks, I suppose I could use that, connect the echo to one of the RCA source audio jacks and use Zone 2 always connected to that source. Wouldn't need another amp that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page